35. To Their Next Journey

Comincia dall'inizio

"Pero hindi rin kitang kayang iwan. I'm torn in between. Sinong pipiliin ko? Ikaw o ang mga magulang ko?"

Raiden could understand Maru's fears and he couldn't blame her. He had no rights to force Maru sa gustong niyang mangyari. Maru loved her parents so much at naiintiindihan niya 'yon. Kaya handa siyang magbigay, handa siyang magparaya, handa siyang isakripisyo ang lahat para sa babaeng minamahal niya.

"Choose them," sagot ni Raiden.

"I'm not going to force you to choose me."

"Why?"

"Because it's not love if I force you to choose me. I love you, so I'll let you decide."

Tuluyan nang tumulo ang mga luha ni Maru nang marinig ang mga sinabi ni Raiden. Oh god, she loved him so much. He respected every single thing about her, he respected her whole being. Could she ever find someone like him? No, there was only one Raiden in the world. And she was not planning to lose him..

"How did you become like this? No offense," sagot ni Maru saka ito tumawa ng mahina.

"I learned it when you became a succubus. I saw fear in your eyes when you saw me that night. I don't want to make you feel afraid, hopeless, and alone again. And I'm sorry for everything that I did. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel I forced you to do things. I was an asshole. So ever since that night, I promised myself that I will understand and respect your decision. I don't really have any rights to demand. It's your life so I'll let you handle and decide things on your own."

Ngumiti si Maru at tumango.

"I understand."

"You taught me a lot of things and I'm grateful to you. So if you want to stay human, I understand. If it's okay for you and then I'll be okay too."

Tumango si Maru at muling huminga ng malalim.

"Then let's do this. Since I only have months or a year to live, let me enjoy and live my remaining time as human. Just a year, just give me a year. Can you wait?"

"Of course, I can," sagot ni Raiden saka nito hinalikan ang kamay ni Maru.

"I also want to know my parent's thoughts about it so I have to come back like this."

Tumango naman si Raiden.

"After a year, come back to me. Tell me you love me as I die in my bed and then I'll leave everything to you. Just remember, I love you. Can you decide with just those words?"

"We'll see after a year."

Raiden looked at her face; her eyes, lips, and nose. Then he shed a tear because he was so happy.

"Do what you have to do. Do you understand?"

"I understand," Raiden said as he kissed her on her lips.

They both understood what they truly want. Even if it cost them sacrifice and pain, they both accepted it. It was just a year. They could do it. They could wait.

Maru would live her remaining time as human and she would die as human.

Then she would come back to Raiden like him, a vampire.

Maru stroked his cheeks and smiled, "Thank you."

After a year, Raiden came to Maru. That night she already knew that she only had hours left to live. She was dying, but she was in fact pissed because Raiden was so late. Nahihirapan na siya at wala na siyang karapatan magreklamo. Hindi naman niya alam na ganito pala kalala ang mangyayari sa kanya. She couldn't even move in her bed. It was hard to do!