My voice trembles when I speak, "I-I need a drink."

        A few minutes later, I have my hands wrapped around a bottle of beer and a bottle of water. I may have made a quick pit stop by the paint table. I left my jacket with the girl there who said she wouldn't let it out of her sight. My shirt was already white with black stripes in it. She painted cool designs on my arms and a little bit on my face. If I'm at a party like this, I'm going to enjoy it. I even got some pink lipstick that glows from the UV lights. 

         I manuever my way back to Stiles, who has perched himself on a spiral staircase, away from everyone else. I climb up the set of stairs and hand the bottle of beer over to him. "Here."

        "Whoa!" He takes in all of my paint.

        I shrug. "Decided to have a little fun." I sit down next to him. "My dad was a rebel when he was younger and my mom was a bit of a party-er." 

        "You don't drink?" Stiles points to the bottle of water in my hands. 

        I shake my head. "Nah. I've never been into it." 

        Stiles pulls out his keys that has a bottle opener hanging off of them. A glowing substance on one of the keys catches my attention.

        I grab them out of his hand. "Your key has phosphors on it." I hold the key up for him to see it glowing under the lights.

        Stiles looks closer. "What are phosphors?"

        "They're any substance that luminesces. It's in your teeth and your fingernails." I hand him his keys back. "Laundry detergent. It's also in this." I point to my lipstick on my water bottle. "It reacts to the UV light, that's why it glows."

        Stiles stares off, confused. "How would I get phosphors on my key?"

        I frown. Why is this bothering him so much? "Have you been handling chemicals?"

        "No, I don't think I..." He stops talking, completely focused on the key. I tilt my head to the side. Something is really bothering him. Stiles pushes away from the stairs. I jerk back when he rushes back to the floor. "I'm sorry. I'm really, totally sorry. I just thought of something and I have to go. Really, I want it. I want to stay. I would just stay all night and be with you... I swear... But I really have to go and I don't want to offend you."

        "Okay?" I frown at his sudden mood. I was kind of hoping I would get to know him a little bit better.

        Stiles sees my sad expression. "I'm really sorry. I just...Okay? Okay. I owe you!"

        I rest my head on the stairs. Stiles disappears in the crowd. Well, that was a bust. Not knowing what else to do, I push my way back through the crowd, hoping to find Kira. I pass the girl who did my paint and wave to her. I could catch a cab home. That would be a good thing to do, but the party is still going and I don't want to go home yet. Dad is probably already in bed. I told him I was going to be hanging out with Kira tonight that may lead into a sleepover. 

        Danny bumps into me, a frantic look in his eyes. I haven't really talked to him much, aside from the whole asking for help in our math class. "Hey, Arden, have you seen Lydia?"

        I shake my head, scanning the crowd for the strawberry blonde. "No."

        "She's missing." 

        I set my hand on his arm. "I'll help you look for her." 

        Danny nods. I follow him through the crowd of people until we find a door that leads to the balcony. He pushes it open and we both rush to the ground. Lydia is on her back. I push past him, crouching down by her.