Puns and Fun

Tony's PoV:

"Why did we agree to this again?" Steve whined his head lying on my shoulder.

"Because it'll be fun!" I said enthusiastically, happily swinging my legs on the edge of the seat. We were sitting in a bus on the way to the new funfair that had opened up to meet Clint, Pietro, Wade and Peter. When we reached our stop we exited hand in hand to be greeted by Pietro and Peter jumping up and down with excitement and their boyfriends smiling fondly. We all walked in passing a bunch of other hyper children making our way to the centre of the fair. When we got there we split up with our boyfriends and walked in opposite directions. Steve and I walked over to the candy floss and we bought some.

"Hey I wanna see something." He said while putting a bit of candy floss in his mouth. He then bent down and kissed me before I could reply.
"I was right...you taste sweeter than this."
I groaned and looked away to hide my face and mumbled, " that was really cheesy,"

"Almost cheesy as those nachos over there. You want some?" He chuckled smirking to himself.
I facepalmed so hard which only made him laugh even more. We walked over to the bumper cars and lined up for a go. We got ourselves as two person cart and sat down getting ready to start.

"Hey look at that, I have you in my cart and my heart!"

"Oh my god! What is up with you today?" I said dying of laughter and embarrassment.

"Can't I be cute and punny with my boyfriend?" He replied pouting.

"Whatever..." I said rolling my eyes. When the game started we violently started attacking the other cars while laughing hysterically. Steve was so concentrated on winning it just made me laugh even more. I probably looked like a madman. When the ride finished we started walking around the fair again. Little did we know at the time that there was someone watching us. We continued walking down the bustling lane, holding hands and laughing to ourselves. We went on a massive rollercoaster and who would have thought that Steven Rogers, the epitome of a intellectual, patriotic American boy would be scared of it. I teased him about it for 10 minutes to say the least, or more accurately an hour. After a while we went back to meet the others and saw that they were already there.

"There you guys are! We thought you gays (my phone autocorrected guys to gays so I'm just gonna leave hat there! 😅) were lost or busy!" Clint said winking in my direction. I facepalmed for the millionth time that day. I looked up at Steve who was trying to contain his laughter and nudged him.

"You wish...." I replied to his outburst of hysterical laughter.

"You would love to!" He said winking and flashing me his signature smile.

"Pfffffff! You smart ass!" I said blushing, but still cocky as ever.

"This ass. This is America's ass!" He said smirking. And for another time that day I facepalmed again. I've probably sustained bruises with the amount of times I've done that. Oh god! Can I get a new boyfriend or at least a sane Steve?

We all headed home in opposite directions and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the whole night. But I didn't know that happiness is long lived and that something was gonna happen to try and wreck my relationship.

Hey readers! 😊😊 Hope you liked it! And as you can probably tell by now things are gonna get angsty. I don't think that's a word but that what it's gonna be. I also sincerely apologise for my puns, I'm a really cringe person if you can't already tell 😅 But thanks for reading! See you in a bit.