Whatever it takes...

Steve's POV:

I woke up with a warm body next to mine. Tony. I listened to his soft breathing and watched as he inhaled and exhaled. I felt as if I could live in this moment forever.

"Hmmmm.... " Tony groaned.

I reached for him and turned him around so we were face to face.

"Morning sleepy head! "

"Hi..." he mumbled sleepily.

I kissed the top of his head before trailing kisses down to his cheek. He started squirming and squealing trying to get away. His laughter made me flutter with happiness. I really wanted to love in this moment forever.

"Wake up we have to go to school!"

"No!" He screamed before burying his head back into the duvet.

"Pretty please..." I pleaded.

"Fine! But only because I love you! "

He rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

"Hey! I was going to go in there!"

"Too bad. You woke me up! " he screamed before I heard him turn the shower on.

I sat on the bed, defeated, and checked my phone. I scrolled through the 'stony' group chat that Nat and Clint made which was filled with hundreds of pictures of me and tony. Suddenly I heard a vibration. I looked over to the bedside to see Tony's phone beeping crazily. I opened it to see a dozen messages from his dad.

- Come back you ungrateful pig.
- I'll find you eventually and you'll regret running away.
- You and your disgusting boyfriend will go to hell!
- I'm coming for you! You're not safe even with that boy!
- Tony come back this instance. I will beat you senseless!

There were more texts but I couldn't bear to read them as tears pricked my eyes. Tony came out the shower and I tried to quickly wipe away my tears.

"Baby? What's wrong?"

"I found the messages from you're dad...Why didn't you tell me about them?"

"I didn't don't want you to worry..."

"I'm always going to worry about you! You're me boyfriend and I want to know about the next time you're hurt!"

"Ok...."

"I'm sorry...."

"You don't have anything to be sorry about. I'm sorry you have to go through this but you're not alone. I'll always be there for you!"

"I know." He said before kissing my cheek. I gave him a quick smile before going in to shower.

All I knew was that I wasn't going to let anyone hurt him. I'll do whatever it takes to keep him safe. Whatever....