𝘑𝘜𝘓𝘠 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘏, 20𝘟𝘟 ━ 12:01 P.M.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚━━━━━

━━━━━**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

━━━━━**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑨𝒀 before their set dates, Grey Collins and Chayse Erhart could begin to feel their butterflies become more and more skittish. They had begun to talk with Eijiro Kirishima and Ochako Uraraka (respectively) more as the days had passed. Conversations went more smoothly, but they knew their would still be a bit of shyness until their first dates were a complete success.

UA Academy had seemed to slip into a state of slumber after Mr. Aizawa had given his "lesson" on the fifth of the month. The material that the students were given seemed to be child's play, and everyone in the dorm building was now silent before 10PM.

Neither of the American girls could explain the phenomenon, so they could only assume everyone was still off-put by the worrying words of their teacher.

All Might was good with his students (not that Aizawa isn't...), and he could tell that they needed a pick me up. He led the 21 teenagers out of the main school building, leading them to a familiar landscapes. They were all in their hero costumes, prepared for any training.

"Today, we're racing!" Toshinori Yagi waved his lanky arms around. He had fought in his final battle weeks ago, and now his primary concern was teaching the next generation of pro heroes who would be as great as him.

"Uhhmmm," Jiro was the first make an audible noise of confusion, eyes darting around to see if she was the only one. Every one else followed suit. "Only Erhart and Iida have speed quirks."

"Oh, come one," their teacher chuckled. "It'll be a great way to test strategy and have fun at the same time! You'll be forced to think of new ways to use your quirks! I won't mark you down for losing, promise."

"Oh, in that case," Kaminari said smoothly, placing a hand on his hip and pushing up his blue visor.

"Don't get cocky, Dunce Face," Bakugo snarled. "You're the least suited in this class for a quirk race."

"You'll be split into two teams," he continued once the class settled, "because why not also strengthen our teamwork? You will be given a baton, which you will pass from teammate from teammate at each designated mark. You cannot win without the baton, and you cannot skip team members."

Yaomomo raised her hand and waited patiently until she was called on. "Sir, if we're racing then why are we at Ground Beta?"

All Might glanced to the artificial city behind him. "Well, the track is quite boring, don't you think?"

"And it can simulate actual chases we'll have to participate in once we're actual heroes," Ojiro hummed.

"Exactly."

"Oh, I'm actually excited now!" Hagakure squealed.

"I've written down the two teams on this piece of paper. Look in over while I'm going over the rules."

[ TEAM #1: Yuga Aoyama, Tsuyu Asui, Ochako Uraraka, Denki Kaminari, Koji Koda, Mezo Shoji, Hanta Sero, Shoto Todoroki, Katsuki Bakugo, Grey Collins

TEAM #2: Mina Ashido, Tenya Iida, Mashirao Ojiro, Eijiro Kirishima, Rikido Sato, Kyoka Jiro, Fumikage Tokoyami, Toru Hagakure, Izuku Midoriya, Momo Yaoyorozu, Chayse Erhart ]

"First off," Toshinori began, "no fighting. Physically. Second, you're allowed to go in any order you want. Decide among your teammates." He continued to speak until completed.

After the fact, he had the kids separated into their teams and distanced,

"Wait!" Bakugo suddenly called out, first one to have the paper. "Why is Iida and Erhart on the same team?! They're literally the two fuckin' fastest people in the class!"

"Hm," he blushed. "That is true. How about..." he glanced around the class, setting his eyes on the two Americans. "Collins, how about you switch places with Erhart?"

No problem, Grey thought. She didn't realize she hadn't said it verbally, only nodding in response. She began walking towards the other team, catching eye contact with Chayse who was doing the same.

It felt weird. Now, yes, the two girls had similar experiences. They were both white American girls whose families had moved to Japan. They both attended UA and were in the Class 1A hero course. Yet, they rarely ever talked. They knew of each other. They knew each other's last names at the very least, and their quirks. They knew they were each... white American girls whose families had moved to Japan.

But that was about it. So it caught both of the girls of guard when their brown and blue eyes locked, and they felt a deeper connection. 

And then it was gone in an instant, the overwhelming ringing and heavy pressure snapping away as they lost visual.

Besides that, the rest of the day continued on the same. Chayse's team had her go last, right after Ochako (the two brushed hands as they passed hands, causing an intense blush). With her super speed, she was able to gain any lost time. But in the end, Grey's team had won when she started the race by morphing into a cheetah.

They both went to bed with light hearts and hopes for the next day.

━━━━ 𝑨/𝑵 ━━━━
i prolly couldve saved a lot of time not writing this since it did nothing for the plot but i wanted to so yolo