Chapter 31

Storm's POV

His ears and tail were torn nearly to shreds!  His left eye was completely white. He was half blind. His ears and tail were black and red. His left ears was half missing. His other eye was furious. "So we finally meet, Storm. What a shame it had to be under these circumstances." He said hauntingly. I growled but took a step back. "You see, I already know about you, about your five forms, and your family. In fact." The guy snapped his figures. Three hybrids dragged one each onto the stage. They all were gagged and tied up. I whined softly. The gags were removed.

"Storm, run, NOW!" Nightfury growled. The reaction to his quick words of warning: was to have him knocked down. "Nightfury!" I yelped out before I could stop it. My father looked at me with sympathy before he was knocked down as well. My mother winced in advance but I stopped it. "Wait! Please! I'll do whatever you want, just let them all go! Please..." I shouted, falling to my knees. Katara was untied. She ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug as fast as she could. "Don't do this, Storm. Run, while you still can. You can never trust Ein. Please." She said, holding my chin. I saw tears in her eyes.

I felt tears run down my cheeks. "This is all my fault. He was after me, not any of you! If I stay, you all can go. One life is not worth hundreds of them." I said shortly. I lifted my hands up and took off my headphones. I walked over and put them on Nightfury. He was just getting back up. My brother hugged me before he was pulled away. The hybrids that weren't on the stage shook their heads. There were some growls and some whispers. Ein snarled and put his hood back on.

"You are all free to leave. But I'll let someone else tell you why." Ein said, motioning to me. I heard a soft whine. "Wait, I want to give someone something." I said. Without waiting for an answer, I walked over to Skylar. "Storm, you don't have to do this." She pleaded. I uncliped the hair pin and put it in Skylar's hair.

"Take this. There is a button on it. Click it and wait for the light to turn green. If a guy answers, ask for Jin or Sky immediately. If it's a girl, ask if it's Jess or Everest. Explain the situation to them as soon as you are far enough away. Trust me on this." I said quickly, but softly. Skylar nodded.

I turned and walked over to my brother. I tapped the headphones, which were on his wolf ears. "These will keep you from being affected by the hybrid whistle.  They work on human ears as well as wolf ears.  Stay with her-" I pointed to Skylar. "I would trust her with my life. She is going to get help." I paused.

Nightfury nodded slowly. "I love you Storm." He whispered. I froze but forced a hard smile. "I love you too. You, mom and dad." I had to whisper this last part. "We will meet again. If you come back to battle, remember this: it won't be me. I'll basically be a puppet. Don't hold back anything." I said as I was yanked back. "That's enough!" Seraphine hissed.

Jess's POV

I went back to check on Storm, but she wasn't on the bed! I checked with Sly and Castor, they said Storm hadn't been seen. I tried to pin point her location but got scrambled up coordinates.

Skylar's POV

All these hybrids being so close was starting to make me really nervous. But I had to stay by the one who had cloud wolf ears and tail. Storm said for him to stay with me. I grabbed his hand as soon as we were outside. "Hey!" He yelped. I growled softly. "Shut up, do you want them to hear you?" I said quickly. The other two followed. One had fire ears and tail while the other had nature ears and tail. "Who are you? How do you know my daughter?!" The woman growled at me. I hesitated. Daughter? I thought.  I explained everything to them.  They went through some bushes.

Time skip

Jared was a fire dragon hybrid.  Storm's brother, Nightfury was a tri-hybrid.  He had three animal forms.  Storm's father was Logan, a fire fox hybrid.  Katara was Storm's mother, a nature wolf hybrid.  We walked away slowly, keeping strict in making sure nothing was missed or overlooked.  Once we got far enough, I stopped and looked around.  I found a thick part in the trees and sat under it. 

I took off the clip and looked for the button.  I found it and clicked it.  The clip expanded and showed a black screen.  I waited for the green light.  "Where did thay come from?"  Nightfury asked.  I held up a figure as the green light showed up.  The screen started to turn on.  I turned the camera away and towards the ground.

"Hello?  Storm?"  A guy's voice asked.  Jin or Sky.  I reminded myself.  "I-I need to talk to eithrr Jin or Sky immediately.  It's very important!"  I said quickly.  There was a silence.  "You're speaking to Sky already.  Where are you and who are you?  That clip is supposed to be with Storm, what have you done with her?"  'Sky' asked.  Nightfury growled.  I held up my hand to stop him.  "We didn't do anything to Storm.  She gave me this clip and said to find someone who can help."  I said quickly.  I heard a breath.  "What happened?"  They asked softly. 

I looked at the screen from the side.  He had dark blue hair and blue eyes.  He was definitely not a hybrid.  "You don't have to hide.  I'm not going to do anything to you."  Sky said calmly.  I looked at Storm's family.  Katara nodded.  I motioned for them to stand behind me.  I stood up and took a breath.  I noticed everyone had put their ears and tail away.

I didn't bother to put mine away and turned the camera.  Katara held her breath.  The screen went grey.  "Jin!  Get over here!"  Sky shouted.  The screen turned back on, now there was someone else there too.  Purple hair and goggles.  "Katata?  Logan?"  Who must have been Jin asked.  Katara and Logan nodded.  "How? we thought-the explosion-"  Sky stuttered.  Katara cut him off.  "We opened a portal and escaped just in time."  She explained.  I heard a beeping.

Nobodies POV

It turned out that, once he realized who it was, Sky had activated the tracking function in the clip Storm was supposed to have.  "Max, Ross, and Jin.  Pack a bag."  Sky ordered.  Ross, who was in his squirrel form, changed to his half human form.  "What's up Sky?"  He asked.  Sky showed Ross and Max the screen.  "Something happened to Storm and her family is still alive.  Storm must have given her clip to them.  They called a few moments ago."  Sky said.  Skylar shrunk back when she saw Ross and Max. 

Ross saw Skylar's ears.  "She's a hybrid?"  He asked.  Skylar nodded and took a breath.  "My name is Skylar.  I met Storm when I was lost in a snow storm.  I learned to trust her.  I found my way to this forest after hearing a whistle.  I was not affected since I had already been hearing whistles.  Storm showed up and challenged the leader.  His name is Ein Dark.  He wants to make all wolf and fox hybrids pay for what humans did to him.  Storm made a deal with Ein.  Ein would let all the hybrids go, if Storm let him have complete control over her.  Storm gave me this clip before we left.  We need a lot of help to stop Ein and save Storm."  Skylar said in a rushed voice.