Pidge- Hiding an Illness

Beginne am Anfang

"Do you think that this could count as some type of foreplay?" Pidge asked, looking at the two idiots who were too busy trying not to kill the other to notice that they were kind of in love with each other.

"Normally, no. For them, absolutely." Hunk guffawed.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Shiro walked over to Pidge and Hunk.

"Okay, are you two good to go?"

"Yep."

"Always."

"Good. Remember, this planet is known to be particularly hostile. Watch out for each other. We'll meet back her at" Shiro checked his suits digital clock. "0400."

"Good luck." Pidge sighed, looking past Shiro to Dumb and Dumber.

"Thanks." Shiro smiled ruefully and went back to Keith and Lance.

"Alright, let's do this." Pidge said, bouncing slightly.

"Tech Bros!" Hunk pumped his fist in the air.

Pidge and Hunk slowly made their way through the foliage. Pidge thought it looked like one of earth's jungles. It certainly had the humidity of a jungle. Pidge and Hunk's helmets kept fogging up. Seeing that this was a losing fight, they just decided to carry them.

After a while of walking, Hunk put a firm hand on her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.

"Wha-"

Hunk put a finger to his mouth in a shushing motion. He pointed towards something, a truck of some sort was slowly making it's way up the hill along the same path as Pidge and Hunk. They must be on the right track.

After moving about fifty yards to the left to keep from being seen, they silently continued walking, on high alert for any unwelcome company. Pidge may have take care of her helmet fogging up, but that didn't stop her glasses getting misty with perspiration. She had to keep taking them off to clean them.

Finally, Hunk saw a drop off up ahead. He pointed, Pidge nodded.

Together, they slowly made their way towards the cliff, being careful to watch for any drones or cameras.

When they got to the edge of the cliff, Pidge was confused. She'd expected a huge base with big guns and lots of guards. What she saw was, well, the exact opposite.

A small house, no bigger than the one Pidge'd grown up in, sat in the center of a grand canyon sized clearing.

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Hold on," Hunk said, scanning the area with his suit's underground sensor. "Oh. Oh crap." Hunk's face fell as he looked at the digital readout.

"What?"

"It doesn't make any sense because everything is underground. Starting at about sixty feet below, there's a building that reaches almost to the planet's core."

"Oh my God." Pidge said, her mind trying to conceptualize what she was hearing.

"Do we go in closer?" Hunk looked at Pidge.

"Shiro said no contact, but I don't see how we're supposed to effectively gather info if we don't at least get a little closer." Pidge wiped a bead of sweat off of her forehead.

"Tech Bros?" Hunk put his fist out.

"Tech Bros." Pidge confirmed. Fist bumping Hunk.

Upon closer inspection, the house seemed to just be a means of entrance to the compound below. Pidge couldn't detect any active tech on it, it was just a normal house that had somehow been transported to the middle of the universe.