||| 7; Separate our path

After you and Naofumi left the palace, you thought Naofumi would say something. But he didn't even sigh, he looked down on the ground and followed you, losing in his thought.

"Naofumi, are you okay?" You asked, take a look at your empty bag money, you've bought some equipment upgrading for your gun, Naofumi didn't even say a thing. You don't dare look at him right now.

"Ye-Yeah," He answered, still shocked from what happened. You narrowed your eyes, you don't like when his face seems so sad like this, he is now like a lost lamb who've separated with his owner, oh, wait. Why did you compare him like that?

"I'm really sorry for what happened to you... I... I think there's going to be the way!" You turned to him and smiled, but it did not work, your heart feels so lost.

You are not very good to encourage people since you're the one who should receive it the most, so, you can't think straight how to make him feels better.

"Naofumi, um, you know? If we need to kick their butt, we need to get stronger, let's go the field!" You offered. He simply nodded.

This might be quite hard.

-------------------------------

"GAH!!!"

You screamed as one of the orange balloons bite you in the arm. It's very painful because it doesn't satisfy just because of one bite, it continuously chewing your upper arm. Now, you felt like hundreds of knife cutting you.

You bit your lips and closed your ear with that side of arms. Pointed your gun at the balloons and blowing it as fast as you can.

When it became a carcass, you groaned in pain.

"Shit," You looked at your wounded arm. Annoyed expression writing all over your frame. "Should I walk to Naofumi?"

Then, something moving in the grass, you winced, stepping back and reloading your gun to be ready. Then, the dozens of balloons jumped out of the grass, you jumped backward and aimed the gun carefully and calmly, yet so violently.

The gun fired, all of the madness became silence, you hurriedly grab all of their remainders and keep it in the empty bag.

You spotted Naofumi in the corner of your eyes, so you ran to him.

But then, you stopped as you see all the balloons are chewing his body.

"N-Naofumi!"

"[Y/N]!?"

"Stay still, I'm going to kill them, one by one!" You aimed your gun at one of the balloons on his body.

"No need to!"

"Wha? Why? Don't you feeling any pain?"

"No, It's... I guess it's because of my defense power."

"Oh... That's nice." You blinked repeatedly. "So, what are you gonna do with this?"

"I think, it'll be useful for me, in the trade."

"Really?" You tilted your head to the side, thinking about what he said. "Umm... Do you mean that all the villagers heard of your rumor, right? So, some of the merchants won't make a good deal for you, and you're going to use that?"

"Yeah, you're very smart you know?" Naofumi said, doesn't even smile.

You frowned, even you felt so happy with that compliment, but... He didn't smile, what's the point?