𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. AFTERMATH

Start from the beginning

"Like, how her love protected us?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Her love stopped the curse from getting to you, and it also made the connection between you two more... enhanced. Your connections are just stronger than other twins, making you able to do this. Does that clear everything up?" He finished.

I nodded. "Yes, Professor, thank you."

"Alright. Now, off to bed with you both."

"The Potters are just attention seekers. More than half the school loves them because of their last name, yet they keep pulling stunts like this." I heard Draco say as I enter the common room the next morning. I froze, as did the group he was talking to. It consisted of Nott, Crabbe, and Goyle. 

Draco stopped as he saw me. I was hurt. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" I tried to say, but it came out in a broken whisper.

"Giovanna," He glanced around and pulled me to an empty corner of the room. "You know I didn't mean it, I was just trying to impress them-"

"I don't care who you were trying to impress!" I found my voice again. "That's your excuse for everything! It doesn't matter who you're trying to impress, if you didn't mean it, then why are you saying it?"

He was silent with no reply. So I spoke again. "Because you believe it. You believe that I want attention just like my brother and that I put my name in the Goblet. Just like how you believed I was the Heir of Slytherin, too."

"Hey, no, that was different-"

"No." I shook my head, laughing bitterly. "No, Draco, that wasn't different." And with that I pushed past him and out of the common room. I decided to write to Sirius since he was the only adult figure that would fully be on Harry and I's side.

On my way to the Owlery, I bumped into someone since I was looked down. I groaned, looking up, already knowing who it was. "Thorton. Out of my way."

"Guess it's just tradition for us to meet like this, huh?" He grinned. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"It's not tradition. I'm looking down and you're looking forward and you take advantage of that and purposely walk in my way." I grin back. "And I'm having déjà vu right now. Back in second year Draco didn't believe me and I came to you. Now he doesn't believe me and I'm here again, with you."

"Is that such a bad thing?" He raised a brow.

"I'd like to believe it's not. I'd like to believe you're the same light hearted person I met in first year. But last year you proved that wrong." I frowned.

"I know, I know." Noah sighed. "I made some really shitty mistakes last year. I don't expect you to forgive me quickly, I just ask that you won't hate me."

I smiled a little. "I'll think about it." I winked and he smiled. "See you around, Noah." He waved and stepped out of my way so I could get to the Owlery.

When I arrived, Harry was already in there. "Same idea? Sirius?" I asked, and he nodded. "Where's Hedwig?"

"Up there somewhere." He looked at the array of owls above us. "Can I use Ivory?" He asked.

"Sure, but I was going to use her. What about Ron's?" I asked as Ivor flew down and landed on my shoulder.

"He's mad at me. Oh, and you too, by the way." Harry said bitterly. "Thinks we put our names in there... he's bloody jealous! He wants the attention? He can have it! We don't want it!" Harry huffed.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's not just him. Draco's being the same way and it's downright ridiculous. We can write a letter to Sirius together and use Ivory." Harry nodded.

We wrote the letter explaining the recent events of what had happened. How our names were chosen from the Goblet. After that I tied the letter to Ivory and whispered Sirius' name to her. She flew off to go find him.

Hermione walked into the Owlery. "Oh, good, I was looking for you both. I don't hate either of you and I'm giving you the chance to explain."

I grinned a little. "Mione, we didn't put our names in. Someone else did. We were framed."

"I don't understand why." Harry shook his head.

"To kill us." I looked at him. "We're going to die."

"Oh, don't say that." Hermione waved her hand. "You both will be fine. And I believe you. I'm on your side."

"Great!" I exclaimed with sarcastic happiness. "That makes..." I pretended to count on my fingers, "one person!"

Hermione rolled her eyes, flung her arms over Harry and I's shoulders, and we all headed out of the Owlery.

I mean it when I say everyone hated us. Even the Ravenclaws, who'd I'd never done anything to. The Hufflepuffs especially, because we "stole Cedric's glory". The Slytherins were just annoyed, and the Gryffindors were betrayed or something. Ron and Draco were being jealous gits to Harry and I, Ron and Harry were no longer on speaking terms, and neither were Draco and I.

Potions was the worst; it was a Gryffindor-Slytherin class. Meaning, Harry and I got hate from both ends. Draco had shut up about me, but I still couldn't stand him bashing my brother. Harry and I also had to sit together in every class so no one would attack us.

The only other people that we sat next to that didn't completely hate us were Hermione (for Harry), Noah (for me), and Zabini (for me). Sometimes Pansy would let in as well, but not often. Blaise was just always tired of Draco's bullshit and still hung out with me.

Harry and I entered the Potions classroom reluctantly and sat down together. As soon as Draco looked over, he spoke up. "Ah, look, everyone, it's the champions! Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer... half of the Triwizard Tournament champions have died."

I jumped to my feet. "Shut up Draco!" I yelled, anger seeping from me and everyone knew. 

"I'm not talking about you-" He said quickly.

"It doesn't bloody matter!" I exclaim, hysterical with anger. "Deep down you're saying it about both of us, even if you're just saying Harry's name. You want us to die and that's fine," I glared right at him. "Because sometimes I feel the same way about you."

I'd never seen Draco Malfoy so hurt.