🥀

"No! Please. Believe me I'm okay. I can't live without you! " My eyes watered as the lady's agonising pleads fell on deaf ears. Lisping she held onto the leg of that man, trying to stop him. Alas! All in vain. Her only family left her here to suffer, in the name of recovery.

Nevertheless, it was nothing different. Everyday I witness these special souls being stranded, left alone in the crowd. The nurses  forcefully take her to the cubicle where she'll remain trapped for the rest of her life, forgetting everything else except that one promise of "Trust me, I'll take you home."

In all these years, I've seen something in the eyes of all these humans who've been burdened with the tag of being unfit for society, being mentally challenged.
An emotion which is unidentifiable to them, yet it is so prominent that you can feel it in the way they walk, the way their tears stain their face and the way they finally close their eyes as exhaustion overcomes their pain. Something called as disappointment.
No they're not even that smart to blame others, the fault was in their stars, they've imbibed it in their hearts.

But then I see how effortlessly these special souls hide their pain. Their heartfelt laughter and innocence helps bring a smile on my face too. In them I see hope. Hope that there is still a little light to extinguish the darkness.
The dangerous malicious hope, which they've harboured in their pristine psyche.

And unlike some people, I admire them and see in them the jubilation which scintillates even when life gives them nothing but clouds of sorrow.

At times, my senses witness no chagrin in their pure hearts but that doens't stop me from being regretful and despondent, doesn't hinder me from being disappointed that I also belong to this damned species christened as humans!

Gairon se kya malaal
Hum itne bhi gareeb nhi
Khudke malaal hi smjhle
Wahi kafi nhi?

"Who are we to be disappointed from others?
We are not that poor to seek others faults,
Our own disappointments are plenty to see."

_______________________________

I don't know why I wrote this and if it seems confusing please tell me about it. (:
Disappointment need not be something that only others can make us experience, to t is something we all might encounter if we try to search for what lies within us.

Also the cover shows a lady smiling because she is one of those who've been abandoned , yet she smiles with innocence and purity that lacks in others.

Thanks for reading!