Prolouge

The night was cold, and the breeze was forcefully prickling the skin of the unfortunate who stood in the bleak open. The streets of Chicago were always busy even in the horrid weather that was present.
In a nook of a alley sat a young woman seated as far away as possible from what seemed to be a man in his mid-thirty's. Large sheets hung from the crumpling walls that stood on both sides of the sullen couple. The bright colors faded, wary and tired from keeping up the arduous task of keeping the fierce rain at bay.
"They won't take long ya now." The man said his voice almost drowned out in the thunder.
" I know Orion, I know.... but you out of all of people should know. Only they can stop it."
The woman got up and lightly skimmed her hands over her spoiled jumpsuit, the lights of restaurants and hotels reflected and refracted off of the metal posts of buildings and the crystal water that fell from the sky.
She walked to the end of the alley her heels clicking as she graciously strolled over to the corner before whipping her head back. A fierce look glazed over her hazel eyes and her brown hair moved with her every step," Now we both know that you won't interfere, correct." She told the said Orion, it wasn't a question and he new it.
Orion threw a playful smirk her way he was not fully sober, not enough to keep his thoughts to himself, " Can't make any promises!" He called far to loudly than any would've liked, but fortunately not a soul could her him over the putter patter of the rain making contact with the concrete walkways of the city.
Orion stayed where he was on a curb next to a yellow, and stained in my places, couch when she left, his hands got lost in playing with his hair, brushing through the frost white pigment,"Oh Ophi, never make promises to a man of my wits"