One-shot

It was 10 o'clock at night and closing time was approaching.

Rosé breathed in relief.

Today had been a slow day and there was nothing she hated more than slow days.

"Jennie?" She called out and shook her head at the lack of response she received. "Hello, Jennie?"

Rosé walked out from behind the front desk to the back. Her frustration let up once she heard the soft strumming of an electric guitar.

She didn't catch Jennie playing often. She was shy about her talents, which was understandable, but her talents were raw and true, and Rosé was saddened at the thought that maybe Jennie wasn't confident enough to embrace it all.

She stood there quietly, her arms crossed over her chest.

Jennie played a few ending notes and Rosé heard her sigh quietly.

When she looked up, she jumped and almost dropped the guitar.

"Jesus Christ, Rosie!" She exclaimed and used one hand to hold the neck of the guitar, the other one over her heart.

"Whatcha doin' back here?" Rosé asked and sat on the floor beside her, smiling from ear to ear.

"I, uh, I don't know. I'm just messing around." Jennie spoke quietly, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Well, you messing around sounds pretty damn good." Rosé nudged Jennie's shoulder with hers and the other girl's cheeks became darker.

"Stop that." Jennie laughed nervously and stood up, gently propping the guitar along a row of others exactly like it.

Rosé rolled her eyes playfully and held her hands up.

"Help me up, stupid." She said and Jennie pressed her lips together before doing what was asked, grabbing Rosé's hands and helping her stand.

"Ready to close?" Rosé asked and Jennie nodded quickly, earning a laugh from the other girl.

"More than anyth-"

Ding.

Rosé and Jennie looked at each other curiously.

"We're closed!" Rosé yelled throughout the store, but whoever had walked in, didn't walk out.

Rosé rolled her eyes and walked towards the front.

"Listen, we open at 9 am tomorrow. Why don't you come back then?" Rosé walked to the front to come face to face with a tan, slim, and tall woman.

"Hm, do you have.." The girl paused to laugh. "Do you have the new Supreme electric guitar?"

"Are you drunk?" Rosé spat out bitterly and the silver-haired girl laughed. Again.

"No, no. Never.." She looked around the store and her eyes widened. "There it is!"

Rosé looked between her and the Supreme guitar hung up on the wall and almost screeched when the, obviously, drunk girl was making a beeline towards it.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Rosé quickly followed after her. "Jennie!"

The said girl rushed towards Rosé and the mystery girl, who was getting much too close to the ten thousand dollar guitar for both of their liking.

"Excuse me.. Excuse me!" Jennie tried to insert herself between the expensive guitar and the girl, but it was to no avail.

"Do not touch that." Rosé spoke firmly and grabbed the other girl's arm, but it was quickly shaken off. "I'm not fucking kidding."