Chapter Four: Forgiveness and the Unplanned Surprise

~ Marco ~

  Maybe they were just words. But something about the way he spoke them to me, the way he looked at me when he said them, made all of my anger melt away. I pulled him down into a kiss. When he pulled himself away,I knew what was coming next. Slowly, he pushed me up against the desk, lifting me onto it and setting himself between my open legs. I pulled his hips forward, his crotch rubbing into mine. He suddenly grabbed hold of my wrist. His sea green eyes penetrating the very depths of me, he spoke. " Tonight we make love, and a love that will keep us strong." the tone of his voice sending waves of pleasure down my body. He kissed at my neck, biting gently. I felt myself lift into the air as he carried me back to the bed. I kiss at his neck as he lays me gently on my back on the bed. I looked up at him as he positioned himself between my legs, putting them over his shoulder. The familiar push of his head against me, sent shudders down my spine.

     Soon, we had fallen into lust. I called his name, nails dragging across his chest and back. He pounded me hard, filling me with every inch of him. I felt him down against me as he released his cum into me, causing me to shoot up his chest as well as mine. We lay there naked, with the covers only around our waist. He held me close to him and ran his fingers lovingly through my hair. Looking over at him where the moon fell across his face. I forgave him silently, placing a kiss on his nipple, knowing it drives him crazy. Within minutes, I was asleep and content in the love of my life's arms.

~ Maverick ~

   When I awoke the next morning Marco wasn't in my arms. I followed my nose and found him in the kitchen, wrapped in a towel, making breakfast for us. I tried to back away but the floor squeaked. " Not so fast, now you can help me finish up." he said handing me a bowl of pancake batter. " You're the one who needs to be pampered, this ranch life isn't what you're made for." I said hopping into the island in the middle of the kitchen. He took the bowl from me and began to pour the batter into the skillet, on top of bacon. ( He really knows how to make me happy ) Soon we were in the sun room at the back of my house sharing the breakfast he'd prepared. " I'm really sorry babe, I need you to know that." I said as he fed me a strawberry. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. " I know,I forgave you last night." He leaned over the food and kissed me. His hands worked their way around my waist and pulled me over to him. I turned my body so he was above me. " So beautiful." I said squeezing his hips lightly. I pulled him down to kiss me and kiss we did, that is until my foreman Zane walked in on us. " Boss,I think we...oh," he stopped when he realized what he was seeing. " Well now you know mate, just say what you need to do we can get back to what we were doing. " that's when I heard the screaming. A very familiar voice, it sounded like. " My mother??" Marco said rushing past Zane and up the stairs. " Mrs. Davis, how'd you find out where I was?" I asked taking her bag.

    " Dear I asked your parents, and is assumed my son would be with you, seeing as his father sill hasn't come to terms with all of this, even after these last six months." she said sitting at the table. I must've been staring because, she wanted her hand at me. " Don't just stand there, go and get my baby. " she said. Quickly I made my way upstairs to Marco. I found him sitting on my bed, wearing my work clothes. " She wants to talk to you, and I think she needs it, she flew around the world to see you." I crouched down in front of him, looking into his hazel eyes. Without a word he walked past me and down the stairs.

I stayed upstairs and I knew we had a long vacation ahead of us.

A/N: I know it's been a long wait, for a really short chapter...but I've been really sick, so I hope you enjoy and continue to be patient with me. No sneak peak this chapter, but I can tell you it's about to get interesting, as more of the Ward and Davis families merge on the ranch...be on the look out for Maverick's cousin Tanner.