I Want To Help

Opti and Speed Demon had been fighting for a half hour. All over Nio. Speed Demon had come up with a way to help the paralyzed boy. "I refuse to let you drive two metal rods straight trough both of his legs! A four year-old boy shoudn't be left with such painful thing!" Opti argued.

"A four year-old shouldn't be paralyzed!" Speed Demon shot back. "I'm trying to help him!"

"I refuse to let you! I have those rods in both my legs! It's painful! My answer is, 'no....'"

It's not your choice."

"Excuse me?! You're not just going to drill metal rods in my brother!"

"This choice goes to your mother and any other guardian."

"What?"

"Sadly, your father died. It's up to any other guardian and your mother to make the choice."

"I'm his sister! I am another guardian!"

"No, you're just his sister. You lost the role of 'guardian' when Megatron killed him. He lives here because of who? Primeus!"

"Rrrr, you ignorant, little-"

"Just go and get your mom. And, try to do something about your temper."

Opti walked off, completely hot from Speed Demon's words. She came back moments later with Leeta, her mom. "What is it you need, Speed Demon?" she asked.

"I believe I've found a way to help your son," Speed Demon explained.

"Really?! That's great. How?"

"Me and Ratchet have come up with this thing that can help him move and transform with him. All it requires is your permission to drive two metal rods straight through each of his legs."

"Metal rods?" Leeta looked at the brace on Opti's leg. "Like those metal rods?"

"Unfortuneatly, these rods would be a bit bigger."

"Wouldn't that be more painful?"

"Well, yes. But-"

"Than no, you are not doing it. Find anouther way."

"But, the metal rods are the only way to tap into his nervous system. Without them, this thing doesn't work."

"She said no, Speed Demon," Opti chimed in.

"This doesn't concern you! Leeta, please..."

Leeta sat there thinking for a moment. Then, she finally said, "Alright. Do it."