Chapter Three. Better Acquainted

Chapter 3

When arriving to Lillian's brothers she was embraced by a full grown man. She was so happy to see him. He showed her all I had changed with the land & castle, & had Nora shower her to her room to prepare for diner.

After they had ate Edwin sent for Lillian to meet him in the Library.

'Brother you have sent for me.'

'Yes. Of course you are in question why you are here are you not?'

'Well in a way yes.'

'As you know I come to my heritance in this next year.'

'You have not came into it already?'

'No Father gave orders to wait till I was 18.'

'Why did you not get it on the you turned then?'

'Ah the question that tell us all. See I had trouble with the Banker when I told them of you & I wanted to split my heritance with you, he had told me the other part of fathers rules. I fought with them about it for the past few months, but I have decided not to tell them & just give you half for once it becomes in my name fully they have no say.'

'Edwin I did not ask of this.'

'No. You have not but it is your birthright. Are you not tired of being a servant to our aunt?'

'I am not a servant I help.'

'You have nothing to your name! You have not married because of it I'm sure, & your twenty two that is past your prime.'

'I have not married for I have not been in love.'

'Lily you can not go like this any longer I will not let you in the next months to past you will come home to Normington & take your rightful pace back!'

'Mother would be proud of you.'

'Would she? I wish I knew her like you did. I should have been the blame for mother not you Lily. Father was blind.'

'Father was hurt he lost his wife, he loved our mother & when she died giving birth to you she made him promise to take care of you. I was always told how I look like mother. It must have hurt father to be reminded of his loss everyday, in the end he died of heart break & I feel it was I who caused it.'

'Don't say that lily Father was bedding Nora & his old heart could not take the passion. He was in his 80's he had no business with Nora who was but my age. Our mother was surprisingly young for him also.'

'Yes. I do see your point but mother was my age the year she died.'

'You are not mother lily.'

Lillian awoke in a sweat remembering that horrible day, but couldn't get the image of Roderick rocking her, out of her head.

The Next four days passed too quickly for Lillian's liking. Ann wanted to do some shopping in town before the headed back but told Lillian she would not be seen with her in her working cloths & insisted she wear one of the gowns she had brought for her.

The gown Ann brought her was a forest green with gold trimming it was in fact to tight in her bust so hit hurt slightly to breath, but she was able to stand it, but when they arrived in town Ann was hard to keep up with & Lillian felt slightly short of breath.

'Go on ahead I shall catch up with you once I have strength back cousin.'

'Alright. I shall be in threading.'

'Do not take to long if you look the east the weather is telling us it will rain.'

But Ann was already out of hearing.