Chapter 26

"For as long as I could remember..I didn't have a dad." Amanda started. "It was always just my mom, Kyle, and our little sister Jenny." She looked down and Kyle continued on.

"We were told that that's just how it is, you know? Then a little over two years ago our mom told us that she was seeing someone."

I knew where the story was headed. Probably saying that he had an straighten began their father figure and whatever.

I inhaled and exhaled a deep breath to brace myself for the end of the story I already know.

"Weeks went by and I guess thing started getting serious. But nit yet because of them but because of us. She was seeing your father. We didn't know he was your father." they stated.

"Yea but you knew he left his family." I flatly said. If my mom started dating a guy who was having a affair I wouldn't call them dad.

"I'm sorry Cameron. Really. We didn't know he had another kid."Kyle said sounding shocked.

"Yet you call him dad? he my father but he's no dad to me. Step-dad to you but you feel the need to call him the dad you never had?" I was on the verge of tears. knowing the truth made my upset as they called him dad.

They shared a secretaries side glance before speaking again. "Cammie you are missing something. We didn't know he had ANOTHER kid." I sat in the sofa trying to process that.

Another kid? Oh my God. No, that couldn't be right.

"Another kid?" I asked curiously and upset. My mind flustered trying to piece it together.

"Your father is our biological father also." Amanda said quietly.

"What?"

"He found my mom and apparently they had a fling 16 years ago and he got my mom pregnant with twins. Us. He had just broken up with her so she moved away to start fresh. She never told him. Until two years ago when he ran into her. She felt she owed it to him to tell him."

"then what?" I said meekly.

"Then he started wanting to be apart of our lives. We had never had a dad until then. Suddenly he had moved in an start dating our mom again. He never mentioned a kid. I'm so sorry."

Oh my God.

"Does this mean we are...half-siblings?" I said in disbelief.

They nodded but it wasn't a happy moment. I just found out before I was even born was dad was a lying cheating ass. I thought back to when I had slapped him. He had the same blue eyes as me. And Kyle and Amanda I realized. And my hair. They had the same color. The skin tone. Everything.

I understood the waitresses confusion. She was right we were sisters.

Oh my god. I have two half siblings who are twins and who make up half of my friends.

When did my life get so crazy?

"Are they married?" I Asked them.

"No, engaged." They replied looking down. So much for no more awkward silences.

We all stood up and just hugged each other. I realized I've been complaining about him leaving me when really he's been gone all their life. Amanda and I were silently crying on the others shoulders.

As much as I was in a weird mood, she was my sister. Half-sister I guess. And Kyle just hugged s to make us feel protected under his muscular arms.

We real eased each other and looked around.

What was I going to do now?