"I came to see my daughter. You didn't tell me-"

Monica held up her hand, anger flashing furiously in her eyes. "Don't even go there! Where were you all this time, Sucre? Oh, I know. You were busy doing other things even though you probably knew about her existence. You know what, I can't do this right now."

Her eyes were bloodshot as she watched him narrow his eyes her way. If he tried to take her daughter or get any closer to her, she didn't know what she would do. No one would take Stephanie.

Stephanie was hers, her daughter.

"Sweetie, it's time to go home." Monica sighed as she cupped Stephanie's cheeks, noting the way the little girl looked from her mom to her dad and back.

"I like daddy, mommy."

Her throat closed up. "We're going home baby girl."

"Bye daddy." The girl's lips trembled as she waved at the man who stared lovingly in return.

Taking gracious strides towards them, he crouched to her height. He wrapped his arms around Stephanie and pecked her on the forehead, making her giggle.

"Bye baby... and daddy loves you. You'll see me soon again. Okay?" He gave her the softest smile Monica had ever seen and Stephanie equally returned a smile as she dangled her hand which her mother was holding.

Sucre cleared his throat and straightened his stance. "Take care of yourself too. You both are the most important people in my life right now."

Monica could hear the sincerity in his tone, which surprised her.

She wondered what had gotten into him because the Sucre she knew never used to care so much for anyone but himself. The Sucre she knew was never this gentle, well except he wanted to get her into his bed, which he'd always succeeded in.

She was lost in her own thoughts when she felt warmness on her cheek. Stephanie giggled. Then Monica realized Sucre had just pecked her on the cheek.

Crimson stained her cheeks at his bold gesture in the presence of their daughter. She tightened her hold on Stephanie's hand and they started walking away. Who knew the brute could be sweet when he wanted to.

"Bye daddy!" Stephanie chirped at the male figure behind them. "Where's your car mommy?"

"Oh goodness, no!" Monica groaned, remembering there was no way for her to leave except hail a cab and she didn't have her purse with her. She was driven here by his armed bodyguard, after all.

"I'll drive you home." Sucre's cocky voice came behind her just when she was trying to figure it out.

"No, thanks."

"Then how do you intend to get home?" Sucre's jaw ticked as he raised a brow. This woman loved testing him.

She contemplated on it for a while. It was getting pretty late too and she had to think of Stephanie. No matter how energetic her daughter looked, she tended to get worn out and sleepy in the evenings.

"Fine, but you won't come with us.... your bodyguard will take us home."

She didn't want to imagine what Sucre would do if he got her alone at any chance. Yes, she was still attracted to him and his charms were still pretty much effective on her.

Sucre's jaw clenched harder. "I'm taking the both of you home right now. Argue with me and there will be consequences."

"What consequences?"

He took a daring step closer. Monica's resolve wavered a little. His arms came around her waist as he rose a brow. Monica didn't like the close proximity, it brought back memories but his hold was possessive and she didn't want to struggle or lash out in the presence of her daughter.

She would've done just that, but Stephanie shouldn't ever have to witness such.

"You are mine and no way in hell will you keep yourself from me so you can desire the company of another man. So I am driving you home myself, let's go now." His tone itself gave away the message as he gripped her firmly by the waist, his eyes cold.

"What do you mean by desiring the company of another man? What's the difference between you two anyway?" An irritated Monica snapped, annoyed with the tone he was using on her.

She took a step back, putting the needed distance between them.

"The difference is that I get to fuc-" his eyes darted down to see his daughter looking at him in awe and he instantly caught himself. No way was he going to expose her to any bad words. "I get to eat your...uh...your puss- kitty." He said awkwardly, clearing his throat.

"You son of a gu-" Monica was saying when her daughter's face hardened.

"You don't eat kitties daddy." Stephanie snapped, her eyes going watery. "That's bad...and ugly...say sorry to kitty, now!"

The adults exchanged glances as the businessman's eyes widened. Sucre never had to explain himself to anyone but this cutie had him wrapped around her pinkie already.

"I'm sorry baby...I'm sorry kitty. I meant to say...erm, cookie. Yes, cookie."

Then the grin was back on the little girl's face. "Oh. Okay. I eat cookies too. They are sweet when mommy makes them."

"Really?" Sucre chuckled and leaned in to peck her cheek. Monica fought not to breathe but when she finally did, she caught the masculine cologne she'd been battling since they met inside the elevator that morning.

"Really." Stephanie giggled heartily.

"I'll eat one made by your mommy then. It must be really good." He thought aloud. The girl nodded in agreement.

Monica rolled her eyes.

They were going to take longer there and she wouldn't waste a minute more standing right inside Stephanie's school compound to have any further discussions with the man she didn't want to be around.

"Let's go."

"That's what I thought."

"Wait, where's your bodyguard?"

Sucre narrowed his eyes. Why was she suddenly so interested in his bodyguard? Was she attracted to him? He didn't want to fire Shane but Monica was pushing it.

"He left. Don't talk about him or any other man when I'm with you." He scowled, annoyed. Monica paid him no attention as she glared, allowing her thoughts wander to the man at the driver's seat. He'd always been so possessive!

She got in the back with her daughter and kept silent for the rest of the ride. When they drove in through the gates, Monica hastily alighted with her daughter.

"Thanks for the ride. We don't want to see you again, for the rest of our lives." Monica sassed.

Sucre's jaw clenched as he weighed the options. He could piss her off by inviting himself in or just wait for a few more days to set the plan in motion; the same one that'd involuntarily draw her closer to him.

"Oh, you'll see me soon baby." He waved at a now dozing Stephanie. "Bye baby. Daddy loves you and mommy okay?"

"Okay...bye daddy...love you too." The little girl trailed off and snuggled into her mother's neck sleepily.

Gobsmacked at his confession about loving her and their daughter, Monica scoffed at his audacity.

Then without saying a word, she stormed towards her door, refraining from slamming the door when she shut it before locking it behind them.

She was furious. But a part of her knew there were more occurrences to come, especially now that Stephanie knew her daddy.

The daddy she'd once told her was on a long, long journey.

*

What do you think about this chapter? Stephanie and Sucre already formed a bond, with Monica isn't happy about.