He was in a handsomely ravishing rich colored blue suit which paved a small passage for the white tee he wore under to peek out, matching with the same color of suit pants which deliciously flowed over his Italian shoes that nicely hugged his feet. He was wearing grey socks, his favorite color.

Monica blinked twice and she felt her tongue cling desperately to the roof of her mouth.

“Hmm.” She grunted as a response, set on ignoring him. She tried, but Monica couldn’t ignore her ex-husband’s dominating presence for too long.

Especially when he pressed the elevator emergency button.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked with wide, alarmed eyes. When she tried to move closer to the door and press the buttons so the ride could continue, Sucre took a step as well and she quickly retracted before she would bump into him.

The heat emitting off him easily seeped through her skin and that wasn’t helpful in a bit. The elevator suddenly looked too small for them.

“You look like you were caught naked in the shower.” Sucre spoke in his deep tone which she remembered, the effect of it sending pleasure coursing throughout her whole form and settling at her core.

She shook her head, calling herself stupid for having such a reaction to the man who hurt her.

Sucre chuckled but Monica pressed her lips into a thin line, intent on ignoring him.

What was he doing here anyway? Monica desperately hoped he hadn’t come to do any business that would make him stay too long in Canada.

The anger she still felt towards him was very much present but she also couldn’t deny the tingling sensation that was traveling through her body, pulsating through her veins at his mere deep baritone. His cologne, he same one that drove her nuts all those years they were together wafted through her nostrils and made her a bit lightheaded.

She did a harsh breath intake.

"I don't know what you're playing at but you have no right to press that button." She glared at him.

“Come on, at least acknowledge my presence then we can go up.” He muttered, faking disappointment.

With a blank expression, Monica faced him. “Hi.” She bit out.

A snort escaped his lips when she went back to staring ahead. He looked befuddled. “That’s childish Moni.” The Moni sounded like ‘money’. Her face pulled into a sour contour.

Something snapped in her. “So, calling me ‘Moni’ isn’t childish? Or stopping the elevator ride just to make meaningless chat isn't childish? Also you have no right to call me 'moni', you know? Stop this nonsense, I have to be in my office soon.”

She was beginning to lose her patience.

“What? We both know you can do better than telling me what I should or shouldn’t call you, Moni. Besides, I love chatting with you.” He boasted composedly, eyes narrowing.

Everything about him was composed, even the way he smiled and blinked. Monica felt like a mess because she was freaking out at being alone with him in such an enclosed space but the young lady promised herself not to allow anything ruin her self-confidence and the beautiful, calm day ahead of her. Flexing his muscle through the suit, Sucre raised his hand to place it on her shoulder but she slapped it away.

“Don’t you dare touch me.” Monica spoke calmly, like a prey warning a stubborn predator not to come near it. The wheel was spinning in her head as her mind ran like a wild animal in several directions.