Chapter Thirty

Layna's POV

After Parker returned with some of out things we were both tired. We both needed to rest and not deal with any more crap from anyone, especially Louis. Once I was out of the bath we spent the rest of the evening watching movies and relaxing. When I woke up this morning I spent nearly an hour in the bathroom with morning sickness. Parker had to wait to go into work with me because I couldn't hold it down. By the time I did it was nine, I had a doctors appointment at one and Parker had a meeting in less than an hour.

We rushed to get ready and headed strait to the office. It felt amazing out, I didn't get much time to enjoy it because we rushed into the car and Parker went as quickly as he could. He still needed to get some paperwork filled out before the meeting with Richard. The building was getting close to halfway done and Richard wanted to make sure the money he's investing is being used wisely. 

When we arrived we went strait to his office. While he worked on the papers I went through his emails and made sure everything was opened and replied too. By the time Parker was done we had five minutes to get down to the meeting room. He walked me to the elevator and told the girls on the way out that we wouldn't be coming back up since we'd have to go strait to the doctor after the meeting. When we got to the meeting room Richard and some of his lawyers were with him, weird a lawyer had lawyers. "I'm sorry for the wait. I had some papers to feel out and it's been a rough morning." Parker said before he and Richard shook hands. 

"Two hours late getting into the office? Strange of you." Richard said. 

"Morning sickness isn't treating her right." Parker said before giving me a warm smile. 

"Morning sic-" He cut himself off before gasping. "You're pregnant?" He asked and I nodded before he grinned. "Oh my! Congrats my boy!" He said before patting Parker on the shoulder. 

"Thank you. We should get this meeting started." Parker said and Richard nodded before sitting down. I sat down beside Parker before Richard closed his hands together. 

"I called for this simply because I want to know what's going on son. I know you've been having some personal problems and haven't been in the office much but this is your company." He said to Parker. 

"Yes. Well, they're being taken care of. The building is half way through construction and is going to be ready by the summer. The money is being invested wisely and we may not need it all as it turns out. I'm using some environment friendly tools. When it is completely you and I will both be opening it with a ribbon cutting and the workers here will be interviewed and some will be sent to work for us and others will remain here." Parker explained and Richard nodded. "Is there anything else worrying you?". 

"You son. What's going on? I know they got your brother put behind bars. What's the problem now?" He asked and Parker sighed. 

"My brother is a coward and he doesn't work alone. He worked with a man who I knew from the past and now he is coming back at me and Layna. Well, he can't. Layna's carrying my child and I hope to be with her forever. He won't stop. He's doing everything he can to get to us. He has her best friend, she's weak, and he killed a few of my buddies. He's simply trying to play games to get Layna as revenge for locking my brother up." Parker explained and Richard nodded before looking at his lawyers. 

"Please exit while I speak to Mr. Davis and his girlfriend." He told his lawyers and they nodded before walking out. 

Once they were out Richard stood and walked to the windows. 

"I've dealt with problems like Louis in my past. My father being one. He used to try and watchmy every move. When I twenty four he took it to far...he hired a man to kill me and my wife. He failed. My security at the time had been off duty but was watching my house for me. He saw him sneak onto the roof and took him out. From that day on I spent days trying to find places to catch him and take him out. It ended up coming to this old abandoned factory. It's still to this day. I lured him in with money of course and in the building is a pit. It's unescapable. It's fifteen feet deep, it's dark, and its lonely. He lasted two weeks before his body gave out. If you want this man out of your life and you want your child to live, let me help.".

Perfect Positionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें