Letting Go Of My Other Half.

Start from the beginning

"But I don't wanna get up," he whined in pain.

"Matt," I sighed.

"I know..." he threw the blankets off of him and sat up. He doubled over and started coughing, I rushed over to his side and grabbed the tissue box. He grabbed a handful of the tissues as he coughed into them.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I rubbed his back. He took a second to stop coughing and catch his breath.

"I think so?" He sighed and got up.

"Okay," I helped him to the bathroom where I then just left him to have some time to himself.

-Matt's Pov-

I leaned against the wall in the shower hacking my lungs out of my chest. I really felt a lot terrible than I was telling Rob, I just didn't want him to worry about me.
I grasped my chest and tried to catch my breath. I finished showering and carefully got out of the shower and went back to our room.
I dried off and slid on a shirt and some skinny jeans. I went downstairs and Rob was sitting at our table his head in his hands. I held back a cough and went over to him.
"What's wrong sweety?" I asked.

"N-Nothing," he mumbled. I could tell he had been crying.

"I'm fine Rob I'm sure it's just a cold that'll pass." I sighed.

"Okay, are you ready?"

"Yeah," I smiled at him. He got up from the table and smiled back before leaning down and quickly pecking my lips. He took my hand and we walked over to the door. I started coughing and Rob turned around quickly. "I'm fine."

"Okay," he leads me to the car.

We sat in silence the whole way there the only noises filling the air are the light raindrops on the window shield.
We got out and Rob put his leather jacket around me and rushed us in.
I walked up to the counter and signed myself in. We sat down and the first thing I did was start coughing. Some heads turned and I felt Robs touch loosen against me.
I stopped and assured Rob I was okay, I interlocked our hands and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Matt Donnelly?" I heard my name and the both of us stood up heading towards the lady.

She took my blood pressure and asked questions then sent a doctor in.
Rob squeezed my hand as the nurse left, "I told you I'm going to be fine."

"Okay Matt," Rob smiled and kissed my hand. I blushed and stared into his blue eyes. Our moment was killed as a doctor walked In.

"Hello Mr. Donnelly," the doctor smiled and shook my hand.

"Hello," I smiled back at him.

"So you have some throat and lung pain along with a lot of coughing?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah," I sighed glancing at the doctor.

"Anything more?"

"I've been coughing up red phlegm like stuff," I added looking down at Rob and I's interlocked hands.

"Okay," I heard him type some stuff into the computer. Then like on cue my lungs decided it was time to have a coughing fit. I started coughing and pretty much heaved everything out my chest. Rob gave me tissues as I started coughing up blood and phlegm.
I slowly started taking deep breathes and stopping myself. I sat back up and the doctor and Rob just both stared at me.
"I think we'll get you a blood test," the doctor frowned and got up, "Can I get you some water."

"Yes," I sighed. He left the room and Rob looked at me I could see the tears prickling his eyes, "No Rob."

"Matt," he sighed his voice breaking and throwing his arms around me.