xiv. my dream

Start bij het begin

He then realized what the girl had planned as the light barely covered her the more she walked, "You're walking me to my house, aren't you?"

She twisted around with her finger on the tip of her nose while she shuffled backwards, "Bingo."

"Vela, come on, I'm fine to walk by myself." He whined, thinking that having her waste time making sure he got home seems unnecessary, "And your house is right here."

She opens her mouth to respond, but the sudden stumble of her feet from the blind walking delayed the syllables from forming. A quick heart attack and balance regain later, she breathed out her words, "You and Ethan are now on Jesse's radar," She shook her head,  "So until we get rid of him, I'm making sure both of you are safe."

"It's just-"

"You can stay here if you want, but I'm going to your house." She interrupted him, turning around again to leave him in the twilight mist.

Not believing her bluff, he crosses his arms and stands his ground, "For someone who wants me safe, you're eager about abandoning me."

Silence filled the air as any visual left of Vela disappears, creating a tense feeling within Benny.

"Vela?" He inched closer to seek through the black fog, "Now's not the time for jokes!"

He huffed when he heard nothing but the obvious absence of sound, and he trailed along the tracks Vela followed. An unexpected scream ripped through the air, stopping both his feet and his heart. 

His thoughts finally reached his legs and he sprinted into the unknown, "Vela!" Shouting in the void while flashing his direction towards any sign of the blonde. 

"Gotcha ya!" A force clashed against him as Vela jumped on his back, knocking the breath out him before he recognizes the voice causing him to slap his strength around her legs to secure her body. 

Her laugh sang through his ears, clearing up any of his anger from the fright, and she ruffled up his carefully combed chestnut brown hair.

Vela climbed down from her giant friend, giggling the whole way, and snorted at his tangled up hair. 

He clicked his tongue and tried to hide his smile, "Oh, you think this is funny?"

Slowing down her laughter, crinkling her nose while gleaming up at him, she gleefully answered, "It's hilarious."

"Oh, yeah" He challenged, leaning down closer to her face.

She nodded, biting her bottom lip, "I do, actually."

His hand shot out to her hair and messed up her wavy locks, getting his revenge, "How's this for funny?"

"Benny!" She pushed his hands away, and started running away with Benny chasing after her.

The two ran down the street, filling the quiet atmosphere with their euphoria while they lived in the moment. Acting like children, they finally felt the tension in their bones melt away and the stress of Jesse and his goons vanishing as they goofed around in the middle of the empty street (most likely waking up every house they fly by).

Racing up to Benny's mailbox, Vela slapped her hand of the metal box and cheered in victory while panting, "I win!"

"No fair!" Benny whined, weakly jogging up to her, "You tripped me." 

Vela giggles at her mischievous trick and shrugs, "It's called strategy."

"No, it's called cheating." 

They bantered beside his mailbox, but the chatter stopped when a male voice cut through their happiness. 

"Benny!"