Caught

Hi, this is kinda of a chill chapter. I meant for this to be somewhat of a break from drama. I didn't make it sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows, but it is pretty peaceful compared to everything. I just thought after that, it would be good to have a filler of some sort. It made be short, but it is just a quick filler, as I said. I am posting a picture that fits this chapter a little after this is published in my drawing book. So if you want you can go check that out. 

Landon continued to wake up. However, he was doing it really, really slowly. Me, being bored out of mind, decided to have some fun playing dress up. I sat in the office chair by the desk. I grabbed a baseball bat and held it over my shoulder. The owner seemed to be a baseball fan, and had an assortment of caps from their favorite teams. I picked one from our state, and plopped it right on my newly brushed black hair. I shoveled through the drawers and grabbed a pack of gum, placing it in my mouth. 

I got up from the chair, while chewing the gum, and grabbed some bandages. I wrapped them on my hands and around my neck. The rest of the roll was used to wrap around the end of the bat.

Seeing as he still hasn't woken up. I walked up to the door, and pushed my ear against the slightly splinted wood. I don't hear Angel, so I slowly walk out and observe the blood-splattered store.

I, myself, am slightly baffled at how well I am taking the news and state of the apocolypse so well. I guess I just really needed to get everything out of my system.

Feeling no sorrow nor fear, I confidently walked out to the bathrooms. With the flashlight I stole, I walk up to it to see a cracked mirrors and some corpses on the ground. The sight and stench somewhat repulses me, but I seem to be taken it pretty well.

I look into one of the few, not broken reflective surfaces to see me. I had to admit, I really did like my new style, it fits me.

I decide that I might as well look for supplies while I was out and about. My side gives a slight twinge, reminder that the claw gouge was still there, but it was still hurting less than it should.

I guess they kept me drugged up while I was asleep.

I continued onwards with my quest. I found a small, leather satchel and kept it to my side. It would be useful to have something to keep important items beside me.

I grabbed only things I would find useful, deciding that other people have already scavanged for personal stuff during the many hours I was apparently with the dead, actually, that's a really bad way to say that...

Oh well!

I found a swiss army knife and decided this could be needed. I shoved the small object into my bag without a moments hesitation. 

I continue down the aisles and decided to grab food and some other small items. My own toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, so on and so forth. It wasn't until I came across a specific corpse that I stopped for a moment. 

A discarded officer's body layed there in the middle of the chip aisle. His shoulder had a large chunk of meat ripped off. The man's leg was nearly pulled off, only being held together by the few pieces of tendon and muscle remaining. This isn't what set him apart from all the other bloody forms. Instead, it was that small holster and black gun that caught my eye. 

It was nearly shining in it's glory. The small pack held a weapon some people would kill to have. I had grabbed a pair of sweats and ripped jeans earlier, and that belt would be a nice add-on. I quickly stripped the officer of the leather, and found the bathroom once again. Shining the light on the glass, I got dressed in the now disco-like room. At least we know we can still party!

Ok, that was a poor attempt at humor, I'll admit.

I changed into the jeans and strap, but I paused before going to far. Would I be allowed to keep the gun?

They would quickly strip me the right of the Glock 22, even if I am used to a gun since one of my foster parents was a police officer. They taught me to shoot, just in case. Never thought I would need it though.

Anyway, the point is that they will take it away, more in likely claiming I am too incompetent. I know more about guns than them, but that won't stop their selfish desires. However, I found a solution. 

It seemed that this store had a rather large clothing section in it. There was a large trenchcoat on sale over there. Not necessarily of the best quality, but it was perfect. Just big enough to completely conceal the gun, not to mention it fit the look well.

I threw on the large overcoat, not buttoning the article of clothing. I need to have quick access to the gun in case of emergency, which means that the cloth must be able to be pushed aside. Thus, I couldn't button anything. 

I stopped for a moment, wondering one question.

Why am I explaining myself? It's like I'm trying to explain my thoughts to someone reading them. (uh oh, she's on to us, euphoriaisdead) Welp, I really am bored outta my mind. (We're ok. We fixed it.)

I had nothing else to do, so I began to head back to the sleeping area we had. I drew near, and all I heard was panicked yelling and the teachers' attempts to keep order.