brandon felt himself getting dizzy, having to grip onto the stair railing for support. nick even stuck his arms out thinking brandon was going to fall over.

"i think you should lay down b. you don't look so good" nick suggested with worry. brandon waved him off before finishing his journey up the stairs. he stumbled his way into his bedroom, not bothering to close the door behind him. he fell face first into the soft bed, already comfortable in such an awkward position.

he doesn't remember when he fell asleep, but he swears it felt like it was only for a few seconds. he was actually awoken to the sound of cries coming not too far from beside him. brandon really didn't want to attend to his son at the moment.

"austin" no response. "austin get alex" still nothing. "austin!" brandon sat up from his spot on the bed. he looked around to see nobody else in the room except for alex. the small child was wiggling around in his own little bed, tears streaming down his face. brandon groaned wanting to bang his head up against a wall.

having no choice, brandon got up out of the bed and went over to alex, grabbing him out of his bed. brandon tried rocking him back and forth with soothing hums, yet the child continued his cries. brandon then assumed he was hungry and left the bedroom to go downstairs and to the kitchen. the house was extremely quiet, allowing brandon know all of the guys left the house.

of course they took this as a chance to leave.

brandon thought with a scoff.

either way he opened the fridge to see an already made bottle with a note tapped to it. brandon ripped the note off, reading it with furrowed eyebrows.

went to the store with the guys to get a few groceries. be back really soon. love you :)

-austin

brandon rolled his eyes, crumbling the note into a ball before tossing it over his shoulder. he then grabbed the the bottle and placed it into the microwave for only three seconds. the transition of heating and testing the warmth of the milk was quick, leading brandon to then sit on the couch and feed his distressed son.

that's when the house was quiet again. alex was tucked into his father's arms, brandon relaxing once more at the security. brandon didn't realize his eyes started to flutter close until they were completely shut. he pushed himself to stay awake, yet failed the intern battle all too quickly. and that's when his grip loosened. and all it took was one roll before alex slipped easily out of his grip.

the thud was heard and then cries of pain.

brandon immediately awoke to the sound, freezing at the sight of his son on the floor. tears brimmed his own eyes as he scooped the small child up and began to apologize. he rubbed alex's head while rocking him back and forth. he stumbled intensely over his words, nothing being able to describe how angry he was with himself. and when noticing alex had cried himself to sleep, brandon placed his son on the couch surrounded by pillows so he didn't roll off. the brunette then walked to the opposite side of the room and sat in the corner scolding himself. he stared at alex with blurry vision. he couldn't stop thinking about how terrible of a parent he is.

it was only a few more minutes of brandon crying in the corner, when the lock to the front door had clicked and in walked his other band members. seeing brandon huddled into a ball, austin dropped his bags and went over to him. he wrapped his arms around him with instant worry.

"babe what happened? where's alex?"

"i-i dropped him" brandon whispered. austin furrowed his eyebrows. "i was f-feeding him and i fucking fell asleep" he turned towards his boyfriend with upset eyes. "i dropped him austin" he then began to cry all over again.

austin felt terrible as he allowed his boyfriend to cry into his chest. but he then removed his sight from brandon and towards nick who was holding the now awake child with care.

"brandon, alex is fine. and i believe he only wants his parents" nick said gently while looking between the couple and their baby. brandon removed his face from hiding to stare at nick. and when receiving a reassuring head nod from the older, brandon took alex from nick and held him protectively against his chest.

"i'm sorry i left you here alone with him. i should have just brought him along an-" austin was stopped by brandon speaking up.

"no, this is my fault. i haven't been sleeping recently and it's starting to take it's toll on me" he removed his sight from his son and put it on austin. "but from now on i'll be better."

-
please request.
i actually took the dropping idea from shameless so shout out to debbie and her daughter!

-nevaeh