chapter 3

So let's begin our journey

(Ragini's POV) The next day I didn't go to office. The documents I wanted were emailed home. The venture is a complete disadvantage to the company except when profits are made. Why enter into such an agreement? It puzzled me. All we are in for, is research. We do all the hard work. Whatever, once the project is on and the on going research is approved, I am moving out. It took all my time to analyse the documents and make notes and I could sleep only 2 hours on the day of the meeting. I shouldn't have slept the day I came home. Swallow it, Ragini; after this, I am independent!

(Boy's POV) The morning I was tired. I really wanted to sleep. Once I get this meeting over with, I will go home and sleep first. I am going to do this in record time and perfectly. I wonder who will be coming? Swara is coming for sure but who else is coming with her. Once the meetings are over, work starts at the factory. Six months in and out of an uninhabited place is almost unimaginable. At least six months. Depending on progress, it can take time. No! I have to finish it as soon as possible. I need to do my best. I started off to the Head office in a hurry. Singh Group. Dad really has a knack of getting annoying things onto my table. Can't Manik or Abhishek do this; even Romi for that matter? Why should I, the CEO of the group, come all the way to another city, to discuss some small project that may, which I should keep in mind, may have a chance to become big, draw up the contract and oversee this? He said that this is my baby. Well, there are so many success projects and companies that I run and he wants me to take over this small project leaving behind the main company? Has he become insane? When I asked him, he posed a question of my ability to not handle one more infant project to my list. Getting annoyed at him won't help me get what I want.

I, Laksh Kapoor, entered the Singh Company's headquarters with my finance consultant Swara Gadodia, now, Mrs. Swara Sanskar Maheshwari. She is their (Singh) cousin (being Sanskar's wife) but with no vested interest in the group. I wonder who is representing them. Swara has not heard anything. It would be fun if it were her cousin that I met, Ragini Singh. It put a smirk on my face. Somehow, she perks my interest because it is easy to mess with her. I really wonder how long the fun will last. Keeping fingers crossed, I wish it's Ragini.

(Laksh's POV) We entered the building and were shown into the conference room. Singh Company's consultant sat opposite to us.

(Singh Company's consultant) "I am very sorry for the delay. Our company representative will be here in just a minute. She said she has entered the building."

(Laksh in an irritated tone) Irritating! Is this how businesses are conducted here? "It is really not nice to invite us and make us wait." Swara gripped my hand tight and whispered,

(Swara spoke) "Don't complain like a child! You have not been waiting for ages. You should be happy I had the mind to wake you up after getting ready."

(laksh's POV) I overslept, what is the big deal? I don't simply sit around and waste time like most people. I was working till early morning.

(Then Laksh spoke) "Are you sure you don't know who the other one is?"

(Swara) "No. How many times are you going to ask that? Did they know you are the one coming? No right then why are you asking this question over and over again. Bewakoof
Insaan, ab please become a little sensitive."

(Laksh's POV) I am sure someone must have informed them. Otherwise, the hotel suite booked wouldn't be exactly my choice. After a minute of silence, the door opened wide,
Ragini Singh walked through that door apologizing.

(Ragini) "I am sorry that I am late. It took me some.........(she stood shocked for a moment) sometime to collect my papers."

(Laksh's POV) I thought for sure that she was back at Swara's place. In a business suit, totally formal, her hair styled partly red and partly black, tied up back to a pony, her honey eyes bright and confident, her whole figure totally out of place for the building, yet she looked striking and looked like she completely belonged here. Tall, sleek, not thin like the model girls, perfect proportions, shoulders up and confident, distinct features, pretty thing and it would be no wonder if my friends think that she is of my type. But she is naive in one sort of way. This is going to be loads of fun breaking her confidence. Kavya, my sister, who saw her, said she may be the one to melt my icy heart, which will never happen; but I am going to enjoy myself taunting her till my irritation disappears, that which I had since I met her at the Maheshwari's Christmas party last year; the only girl to stand up and talk right back at me.