Chapter 6

Recap:

“What’s happening here,” asked mum’s stern voice as she saw us outside screaming and shouting. God, we were such kiddies.

“Sarah, there’s someone here to see you,” she whispered deadly.

I turned my head around, still wrapped up in Sam’s arm.

I fainted at the sight of the man standing next to my mother.

I fainted, yup, real smart.

Chapter 6

I woke up with a piercing pain screaming through my head. My eye lids fluttered forcing to open themselves but the pain was inevitable. I wasn’t ill, in fact I felt perfectly fine, but still my head was torturing me so fucking brutally. Beside me, I could hear low murmurs sounding like a fresh bell ring of early morning.

“I am so sorry,” whispered a familiar voice over and over again. What the hell? Why was the voice apologizing non-stop?

“You should be asshole,” snarled yet another voice full with hatred and anger. Now this sound, I recognized. Sam.

“Do you really think I wanted this?” asked the first voice, a hint of impatience reaching my ears. “I loved her, still do, but how the f*ck was I to know, she was with YOU?”

“Well now you know, don’t you?” Sam snapped. “So, get the f*ck away from my Sarah and me.”

The first voice snickered.

“YOUR Sarah? Asshole, you took advantage of her, just when she was vulnerable. You snatched her love only because you knew she was weak and couldn’t reject you. How can you live with that fact? She never chose you, you never even gave her a choice.”

Now this time, I knew whose voice it was. Slowly my memories began to drift themselves into my mind. My first kiss, my first love, my first happiness. He had stolen all of them in just a jiffy. And here he was expecting Sam to feel bad?

I moaned.

Suddenly, a pair of warm hands caressed my cheeks, slow electricity travelled through my face. I gasped remembering the day, the day when I had lost my virginity. To this f*cking wanker.  I wanted to hate him, but the cherished love in my heart overtook my anger and vengeance.

Why couldn’t I hate him? It would only be fair, right? I jerked my face away in anger, ashamed of myself for letting his touch affect me. I didn’t want to repeat that night. Repeat the captured feelings I had for that man.

“Don’t touch me Aaron,” I snarled, as a gulp of pain strangled my throat in pronouncing his name. My eyes involuntarily travelled to his face. The same lips, the same kissable lips that seduced me into falling for his lie, a fake love. Those same eyes, the same dreamy eyes which absorbed my pain and made me feel so right. I loved him, there was no denying that.

“I am sorry darling,” he whispered a drop of silvery tear landing on my cheeks. He was crying? Why? Shouldn’t I be the one doing so?

“I am not your darling, so don’t call me that,” I snapped.

He chuckled. “Yes, as much as I would hate to admit it, but you’re right. You’re no longer mine, although I was hoping for it.”

Now, it was MY turn to laugh. “Hoping for it? Well, I am sorry to disappoint you sir, but 2 f*cking years of pain and heart-breaks have the tendency to rip any kind of hopes and dreams.”

“You are right,” he said unable to meet my eyes. “I don’t know why I expected you to wait two whole years for me, I mean of course you deserve somebody much better than me. Maybe I hadn’t made myself clear that night, when I left leaving a letter which clearly stated that one day I will come back. Well, I am sorry that hoping and dreaming end up being a fantasy, a fantasy in which you were mine, and mine only.”