Moonlight Rings And Side Deals☽22☾

Start from the beginning

"We need to find them."

"Well, that might be a bit tricky," Klaus said sounding distant. "You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd."

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah asked Klaus annoyed.

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution." Klaus answered.

"Do enlighten us."

"I'm closing in on it as we speak," he said. "The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

Elijah sighed. "Marcel."

"No, he'll kill them!" She yelled with wide eyes.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." Klaus informed them. "And there it is."

"Be careful with her Nik." Isabel warned just before he hung up.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel paced around the nursery, worrying about their current problems while Genevieve sat down watching over the pregnant wolf along with Hayley. Hayley down stairs making some tea for Isabel.

"Elijah should have called by now." Isabel stressed.

"Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, try to keep calm." The red-head suggested.

Isabel frowned at her suggestion. "What are you, now, magician slash zen-life-coach?"

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby." Isabel sighed and sat down on her favorite rocking chair. "Especially now, since you're so close to term."

"I hate this. I feel completely useless. It's not my thing," Isabel told the woman as she crossed her arms over her enlarging chest.

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus, Elijah, and Andrew running all over town?" Genevieve sighed. "It's all for you. I'm a bit envious."

"Great. Aren't I just lucky?" She asked as she tapped her foot up and down impatiently.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Genevieve asked trying to change the subject.

"How about a moonlight ring?"

Genevieve chuckled. "The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex. And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!"

Isabel wasn't convinced, so she got up and walked away to call Elijah.

"Impeccable timing," he said as he answered.

"What's going on?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"Jackson is fine. He's...a little tied up right now. Can we call you back?" Klaus sniggered at Elijah's joke.