III

I must have been a tad bit psychic. As soon as I saw that Michael Jackson had passed, I thought "Oh no, is Madonna next?" It would have been so awful since she's only two weeks older than he was. But as we all know, Madonna is still with us. It was then I found out Billy Mays was the same age as the King of Pop and was older by about six weeks. How weird was that?

I began looking at , on their message board. On another site, I had found an article that says "Honor two legends for Halloween this year." Of course they meant Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. My God, I thought, it's only July and people are already thinking about Halloween? I guess I kind of was, too. For just a while, I began to hate the fact that I'm a woman, but if I weren't, now I would have been thinking, preparing to be the Oxi Clean guy for Halloween. Yes, I'd have been on it right now. It's too bad I'm not a guy.

I posted the link to the article on the message board for the costume site, and got this reply:

User 234: MJ I could see, Farrah, not too sure. Where would you get that red bathing suit?

Me: How about the Oxi Clean guy? What are the chances someone will come up with that one? How do you think that should be done?

USER 234: I can't imagine anyone being the oxy clean guy. (sic)

Me: The Oxi Clean guy could be quite different, though. There wouldn't be a million others wanting to do the same thing, unlike with Michael Jackson and possibly Farrah Fawcett.

I later came across this online somewhere:

I will no longer be Billy Mays for Halloween this year out of respect for the deceased.

Are you trying to be funny, or were you legitimately planning on being Billy Mays for Halloween? I think that's an excellent costume idea! If anything, you should be Mays for Halloween to celebrate the man's life... kind of like the Joker outfit celebrating Heath Ledger.

So someone did have this idea, before Billy Mays had passed away. So then someone might get the idea to do it this year, I thought. I posted the photo to the costumes message board, and received this response:

User 234: Wow, he's a real good Billy Mays. I wonder what made him do it, though?

And then I looked on a website on which users posted pictures of their homemade costumes, saying how they made them what they used, etc. Sure enough, there were some of Billy Mays. One guy wrote that he got the idea from seeing one of the guy's commercials on late-night TV.