Chapter 33: Let's Save Ares

Start from the beginning

"Just as I thought." He smirked. "Be right back."

"How are we going to get King Ares out?" Atlas asked.

"Leave that to me." I growled. "I have a bone to pick with those guards that are in charge of the cellar."

"Roger that." Apollo said as he held up his hands.

"The rest of you take out as many guards as you can." I continued. "If anyone finds Rick, be careful. He might be an idiot sometimes, but he does know how to fight. But I want you to bring him to me."

"Dear." Hecate started.

I shook my head and held up my hand. "Just like the cellar guards, Rick made my life a living hell. I want to know why and take him out myself."

"You already proved to be a good leader." Hecate said as he rubbed my arm. "We can help you."

"He didn't torture you your entire life." I said quietly. "I want to be the one to confront him."

Hecate went to open her mouth, but Janus beat her to it. "I think she's right, Hecate." Janus said softly as he looked at her. "I think Athena needs to do this."

"What if something happens?" Hecate asked. "You could get hurt."

"Nothing could be worse than what he did to me." I said. "But I'll be fine. I don't know if you've noticed, but I have gotten better at fighting. I will be able to hold my own against them and I will bring them down. I'm tired of running and I refuse to that. I'm facing this problem head-on. I'm ready."

Hecate sighed but reluctantly nodded. "Okay."

I looked up as Perseus came back into the room holding a long case. He smiled at me and put the case down on the table in front of me.

"Open it." He said as he bowed and backed away.

I gave him a confused look but turned towards the case; pressing the two buttons and watching the flaps flip open. I then lifted the lid up and peered inside.

"This is beautiful." I said breathlessly as I lifted a sword up.

"The blade is silver, so be careful. But the hilt is gold and it's wrapped with leather so you'll be okay there." Perseus explained.

The gold was bright and neatly polished, the black leather was shiny, and the emeralds on the butt of the sword were polished as well. It's gorgeous.

"I-I love it." I smiled as I continued to admire it.

"I thought you would." Perseus said happily. "I've noticed you have been fascinated by swords ever since you beat me when we sparred. I wanted to give you a present."

"Thank you, Perseus." I said as I set the sword back in the case and leaped to give Perseus a hug.

"You are quite welcome, my Queen." Perseus laughed as he caught me with ease and returned the hug.

"This is good." Janus smiled excitedly.

Circe started to clap and smiled at me. "Good job, my Queen."

I'm finally acting like a true leader and it feels good. I am the Queen and I need to keep acting like it. This is also my pack and I need to keep being the leader that they want and need me to be.

"Let's go save Ares." I smiled as everyone hollered with agreement.

I'm coming, Ares. Hang in there.

~*~

Ares

I growled as I tried to move but couldn't. The ropes were laced with wolfsbane and I could feel it physically draining my energy. I paused my movements as I felt the car come to a stop.