"Work," she laughed putting her dumplings down.

"Why yuh one wording mi? Yuh don't want mi here?" He knitted his brows.

"I'm not, I'm just working Kwan what's wrong with you boy?"

"No ting," he mumbled scooting away from here and cut the tv on.

Ayanna glanced over at him briefly then shook her head.

I should be the one mad, she thought then sighed.

"How often have I followed yuh to di states?" He asked out the blue as he stared at some cop movie Denzel Washington was playing in.

"A lot," She answered not understanding his question.

"Why yuh act like yuh don't want mi here then?"

"I'm not acting a way Kwan, I'm just working. If you think I'm acting weird then I'm sorry but I'm honestly just working," she told him no longer in the mood to talk.

He stared at her for a moment then focused back on the tv without replying.

For two hours they sat in awkward silence as Ayanna ordered everything she needed for her client and threw in a few free things for her troubles.

When she finished, she went to throw her trash away then headed into her room to brush her teeth.

"You're still mad at me?" She asked sitting on his lap.

Kwan ignored her as he stared at the tv.

"I should be mad at you for coming here snooping around as if I was cheating, but I'm not, so why are you mad when I've done nothing wrong?" She asked making him look at her.

"Yuh always answer mi calls, so why would yuh stop?"

"I sent you messages Kwan,"

"So? I wanted to talk to yuh," he shrugged looking at the tv and she sucked her teeth.

"You are such a baby," She giggled grabbing his face and pecked his lips repeatedly.

"I love you," she cooed pecking his lips again.

"Mhm," he hummed paying her no mind.

"You don't love me?" She asked and Kwan shook his head.

"Oh... ok," she mumbled moving off his lap.

"Are you playing with me?" She asked trying to mask her hurt.

"Nah," he answered cutting the volume up.

"Wow," she mumbled rubbing at her eye.

He's just mad right now she tried to convince herself but his whole nonchalant attitude had her feeling a way.

Feeling the tears trying to make their announcement, Ayanna got up slowly and headed for her room.

Kwan waited for her to slam the door but when she didn't he knew he had hurt her feelings.

Sighing, he cut the tv off and got up.

Opening the door, he stood in the doorway and stared at her as she pulled the fabric off of her teddy bear.

"I'm sorry," he apologized entering the room and she shrugged turning on her side.

"I didn't mean it like dat Ya," he said climbing in behind her.

"I don't care," she mumbled pushing his hand away when he touched her.

"Ya for real ma, I'm sorry,"