vingt deux

The first week of winter break had flew by in a groggy haze. I hadn't felt like doing anything since the party. It had left such a bad taste in my mouth how Harry had treated me and it scared me because of the dream that has occurred only a few hours prior. It scared me what could have happened if I hadn't gotten myself out of that situation.

It was now christmas morning and I was awoken at 6am by Nina and Olivia jumping on me, grins on there face reaching ear to ear. "It's christmas!" they screamed in unison.

"Oh my gosh you too," I said sitting up slowly seeing Julian leaning in my door way with a smile on his face.

"It's christmas!" he said mocking the two with his hands waving in the air. I let out a soft chuckle at his words as I crawled out of bed and walked down the stairs. A huge tree stood in the living room which we had all decorated together and underneath were many presents that me an Julian saved up for, for weeks. They were practically glowing at the sight as they sat down and started ripping open the presents. They squealed with delight at each one thanking us over and over.

"Those aren't from us," Julian said with amusant in his voice, "there from santa."  To which Nina rolled her eyes at softly. Once they finished Nina and Olivia ran up stairs.

"Where are you going," I called to them only getting giggles in return. I turned slowly to Julian who had a confused look on his face as well he only shrugged his shoulders softly. Soon enough they came toppling down the stairs with two wrapped presents of there own.

"From Santa," Nina said softly handing one to me and one to Julian.

"You're so sweet," I said softly unwrapping mine. Inside was a necklace with a pink stone on it which was my birthstone. I felt my eyes start to sting as I pulled them in for a tight hug "thank you," I said softly the words coming out muffled because my head was pressed in there neck.

I turned my head to Julian who now had them wrapped in a hug he had a twine bracelet a green stone representing his birth month which was may. "Thank you dears but how did you afford this?" he questioned them softly.

"We saved up all our allowance," Nina said in a soft voice with a toothy smile on her face. Too which Julian smiled even wider at.

"Well let's go make some pancakes to celebrate then," he said grabbing there hands and pulling them into the kitchen and I padded softly behind. We spent the rest of the morning watching christmas movies as the girls played with there presents there soft laughter occasionally ringing throughout the house.

The sweet moment was suddenly interrupted by a loud knock on the door. My head quickly snapped to Julian and the girls stopped playing. "I'll get it," he said cautiously walking to the door and unlocking it.

"Locked out of my own house huh," Said a high pitched voice in a slightly jersey accent which I recognized to be my mother. I groaned throwing my head back onto the couch.

"Get the fuck out," Julian said annoyance in his voice at her sudden appearance.

"No way," she said smacking his gum pushing him aside "It's christmas I need to see my kids."

"Mom why do you think you can just come in whenever you want," I said my voice raising.

"Your all my kids I can do what I want." she replied attempting to hug Nina who had a look of disgust.

"You can't just barge into my house," Julian said still standing at the door which was now closed.

"Your house huh," she replied turning to look at him.

"I pay the bills I raised 'your' kids," he said with air quotations so it's my house and no one wants you here.

"Oh come on now Juls," she said which clearly pushed Julian past his breaking point.

"Get our now," he said slowly but each word hurt and it wasn't even directed at me.

"Fine don't call me if you need something then," she said sloppily as she walked towards the door.

"I'm perfectly fine," he replied closing the door after she left. He let out a sigh then walked quickly to his room.

"Stay here," I said softly too the girls who's faces had fear painted on them, they nodded quickly staying silent. I walked quickly to Julian's room opening the door softly. "Juls," I said lightly he was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling. I crawled onto the bed with him putting my head on his shoulder.

"She makes me so mad," his voice cracked slightly as his hand went to play with his curls as he shifted on his side facing away from me.

"I know," I said softly laying next to him "Do you want me to stay," I asked quietly but I got no response so I stayed for a few minutes longer drawing circles on back, before I got up and walked out closing the door softly. The girls had resumed playing and I smiled softly at there innocence. Then I remember that I had texted Timothée after that god awful party. I quickly made my way up the stairs to my room scrambling to find my phone to check to see if he replied. To find nothing not even read. I furrowed my brows so I sent another one.

Romi: timothée are u okay?

Romi: please let me know if ur ok.

I felt like an idiot for caring so much but if anything had happened to him I would feel so much guilt. I sighed locking my phone and returning back down stairs, and resumed the tv which was now playing the christmas episode of the office.

A/N hope you enjoyed! thank you all for reading<3 also when ur reading this i'll be on a plane to france so i'm sorry for the lack of updates to come! i'll try to stay consistent though