Should've Said I Love You

Author's Note: This one-shot is inspired by Oh Honey song "A Thousand Times". Enjoy! 😊

"Today, we will be going to talk about regrets." Said the counsellor that RJ and Maine consulted a week ago. 4 years into their marriage, plus their 5 years of being boyfriend-girlfriend, 9-years in total — they've finally decided to seek some professional help. They didn't realize that at this point in their relationship all those small issues that they've ignored will one day blow up in their faces that it gets to the point that it affected them both. It took them 3 months to finally raise the red flag and recognize that they both needed intervention if they still want to make the relationship work. The realization came in when they notice that even their own home is no longer a sanctuary, a place of love, peace, and understanding. So here they are on their 3rd day of counselling.

"Maine, RJ... I want you to find it in your heart the humility to recognize your mistakes by enumerating them through your regrets. Anything that comes to your mind. You will alternately give one item, and you will not stop until I told you both to stop. Okay?"

RJ and Maine nod.

"To be fair. I have with me this bowl with both your names. Whichever I pick will be the one to start the activity. So husband and wife, ready?"

"Yes po." they both agreed.

The Counsellor pick one piece of folded paper from the bowl.

"Okay, here we go. Maine, you start".

Maine: I regret that I've accepted a job away from you.

RJ: I regret that I allowed you to accept the job, yet I don't, because I know that, that is part of your dream.

M: I regret that I only see your face 3 times a week when I wake-up.

R: I regret that I can no longer drive you to work because my job is nighttime and when you're awake I am asleep.

M: I regret that we lose our movie nights every Thursdays and Saturdays.

R: I regret that we don't travel anymore during Sunday, when infact Sundays used to be our Road Trip days.

M: I regret that I forgot to post notes on our fridge or on your bag.

R: I regret that I don't see my wife preparing for my breakfast or lunch or dinner.

M: I regret that I can no longer prepare you those, which reminds me that taking care of you was one of the best feeling I've had before.

R: I regret that even if we're in the same house I still felt alone. I miss my wife.

M: I regret that I felt the same way. I miss my husband so much.

R: I regret that I can't kiss you, and love you like we used to with so much passion.

M: I regret that I hold back because I felt that I am no longer desirable in your eyes.

R: I regret that we don't have time anymore to correct those little mistakes we do.

M: I regret that too...

"Stop!" said the Counsellor.

Maine and RJ are both in tears now.

"I guess by now, you already figured out one biggest issue why you're falling apart."

Maine and RJ nod.

"Can you tell me what is it?"

R & M: Time...

The counsellor smiles.

"There you go. I can see how much you two still love each other. The problem starts when both of you forgot that TIME IS LOVE and LOVE IS TIME. I'll leave you two for a few minutes. I'll be back."

R: Love, I should've said "I love yous" instead of "sorrys"

M: Me too, love. Me too.

They hug each other and move closer, forehead to forehead.

R: I love you, my Nicomaine.

M: I love you more, my RJ.

They close their eyes and slowly move towards each other and when they both touch lips, they could no longer deny the longing and hunger they felt for one another. They shared one of the most passionate kiss they've ever shared. Sure, Love is more sweeter the second time around.

=================
Author's Note: So alam nyo na ha. Love is Time, and Time is Love. 😊💚