Chapter 5

Leo's POV

While waiting for my sister and Jac to get home so I can get my daily dose of annoying them, I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I settled for cereal with milk knowing anything I try to cook will eventually end up in a pile of ashes. Yeah... it's kinda pathetic. I don't understand it though, we're rich enough to hire maids and chefs but mum and dad always object. Argh!!!

After pouring the milk over the cereal in my bowl, I grabbed a spoon from the drawer and headed back to the living room. I turned on the TV. Wait, wasn't the TV still on when I fell asleep last night? Oh well, must be remembering wrongly.

I switched channels till I found Madagascar on. Okay... well whatever. I just need to pass time anyway.

Just as the movie ended, the phone rang. I jumped up from the sofa and answered it.

"Yo bro!" It was my best friend Nathan, or Nate for short.

"'Sup bro?" I asked.

"Bunch of us are going to the dock tonight. Andy's parents left town for a while and he's inviting us to just, you know, hang out on his parents yacht. So what ya say?" He said.

"Yeah sure. So what time you coming around?"

"Hmmm... about 10? It'll take us about five minutes to get to the dock from your house. Hey, is Katie coming too?" He asked, clearly nervous from the tone of his voice. Crap, I think he actually likes her!! Crap, crap, crap. Please tell me she doesn't like him back.

"Not sure. I'll ask her when she gets back. Jac can come too, right?"

"Of course! So, um, text me when you know whether Katie is -cough- I mean, Katie and Jac are coming okay?"

"Yeah yeah whatever."

"Wait, what do you mean-" I hung up before he could answer. Nate's my best friend, but he's also the second biggest player in the school, right after yours truly of course. If they ever end up together I sure hope Nate treats her right or else he's dead.

Sighing, I went to the kitchen to wash up and headed up the stairs to my room. I passed by my parents' room on the way. As usual, it was empty. Mum and dad worked from Monday to Saturday and sometimes a few hours on Sundays but they always spend enough time with us so they're not that bad parents.

I plopped on my bed staring at my dark blue ceiling. My bedroom walls were all white. The purpose of the dark blue ceiling was to make me feel like I was staring up at the sky. And I loved it. I loved the freedom and the beauty of it. The carefree thoughts you could imagine with no boundaries. Hey, don't look at me like that. I may be a jock but I ain't average, not that anyone willl ever find out as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoyed the comfort of my bed for a few minutes before deciding to head to the swimming pool outside to relax for a while.

As I approached the pool, I stripped off my shirt and pants, leaving me in only my boxers. Ah heck, no one's around anyway. I dived in the pool, enjoying the refreshment it gave me. I did a couple of laps before pushing myself up and sitting by the side of the pool, my legs still in the water. All of a sudden, I heard footsteps coming from behind me...

Jacqueline's POV

As we sat in Katie's car, I could see her sneaking glances at me. I just looked out the window and acted as if nothing was wrong. The radio was blasting some song I didn't know although Katie seemed to be familiar with it as she was moving her shoulders a little to the beat.

When the song ended the car was filled with a temporary silence that was nerve wracking to say the least. But I'm not giving in, she was the one who stupidly insisted on paying for the dress. Now look where it got her. Haha.

"Just a small town girl, living in a crazy world. She took the midnight train going anywhere..." Wow, seriously?

Before I knew it, I was humming quietly to the song and I could hear Katie singing the lyrics under her breath so quiet you could barely hear it, but I did. As the last few moments before the chorus started I looked at her, exactly at the same time she looked at me. A full spread grin crossed her face and I guessed my face was a copy of hers too because we both had the same idea.

"DON'T STOP, BELIEVING! HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING!" We sang freaking loudly and completely off key at the high note. Just like that both of us continued the rest of the song at a volume that would make your ears bleed. And just like that, the silent treatment was over.

When we pulled up at Katie's house, I got out clutching the bag with the dress inside. Katie locked her car and we both went into the house.

"Hey where's Leo? Wasn't he on the sofa when we left?" Katie asked.

"Which was like 3 hours ago...?" I replied, chuckling as her mouth formed into an 'O' shape as she nodded her head slowly.

"Anyway, what do you wanna do now? I mean, we have about another hour until it's time for lunch." Katie said casually.

"Hmmm... I don't know. Wanna play video games?" I asked.

"Nah. Not in a zombie killing mood today."

"How about going to the beach?"

"Don't feel like it."

"Then what do you wanna do?!" I asked in an annoyed tone, getting tired of suggesting stuff to do.

She seemed to pause and think for a moment before answering. "I just feel like relaxing by the pool today." Katie said, smiling widely.

"Yeah, okay. Bathing suits?"

"Just borrow one of mine. Come on, off to my bedroom!" Katie yelled as she rushed up the stairs with me hurrying behind to catch up with her.

When we had finished putting on the bikinis we had chosen, mine was blue and hers was white, and we had both dumped the dresses we bought on Katie's bed, I wore a grey baggy t shirt I got from the back of her walk in closet over my bikini to hide it.

"Hey! What's with that shirt? Can't we just go without it? It's not as if anyone will see you anyway. My parents aren't home and Leo is probably off at one of his friend's house. So can you please please please get that ugly shirt off?"

"But I feel... exposed."

Katie laughed. "There's only me to see your exposed body Jac. And trust me, I'm 100% straight!"

I laughed along with her. "Ok fine, I'll take it off," I started to take the shirt off. "But if it's so ugly then why do you have it?" My voice was a bit muffled by the shirt that was currently around my neck.

"That's why I put it way at the back of my closet. I don't even remember where I bought it but hey, I guess it could be used for when I exercise."

"Haha, okay. Come on, let's go." I said and tossed the shirt back where I found it. Katie grabbed my arm and tugged me down the stairs in the direction of the pool behind their house. When I first came, I didn't even know there was a pool here. Katie only showed me on my second visit.

I laughed as Katie and I talked about nothing in particular. Finally, we reached the sliding door that led to the pool on the other side of it. When Katie slid it open, I couldn't help but notice the back of someone very very hot, and very very irritating. Before I knew it, Katie was dragging me towards him, clearly not very happy.

I think he heard our footsteps approaching as he turned around and stared at us until we stopped a few feet away. He was obviously checking me out as his eyes ran up and down my body several times before finally resting on my face, a wide smirk playing at his lips.

"Hey there, babe."

---------------------

Okay fine so the new character wasn't really competition. I didn't say he would be, i said he MAY be.

I'm not really sure how i feel about this chapter. Any comments will be appreciated.

VOTE & FAN :)

LOVE YOU GUYS

<3 Jules