(04) Goodbye parties, and Surprise Attacks

Start from the beginning

Steve was next. "Come on, Cap." Valerie encouraged. Vierra watched Thor's anxious face when the hammer slightly creaked. Steve smiled when he let go, and Thor let out a relieved laugh "Nothing. Ha, nothing."

It was Valerie's turn to try, but as for everyone else, it didn't work. The team turned to Natasha. Bruce held his hands out for her.

"Widow?"

"Oh, no. That's not a question I need answered. Why not Vierra?" The said girl smiled brightly when the team turned to her. She stood up, and headed over to the hammer, "So, if she can pick it up, does that mean she overthrows you?" Tony questioned.

Thor's eyebrows scrunched together. He never thought about whether, or not Vierra would be able to pick up the hammer. "Don't worry, dad. I would never do that."

Thor smiled sweetly at his daughter. A small part of him, didn't want her to pick it up, but that fatherly part was excited hoping she would.

Vierra couldn't help, but feel a little embarrassed as the Avengers watched her intently wondering if even Thor's daughter could pick up, Mjolnir.

She gripped the hammer tightly, and pulled up, Mjolnir moved slightly, but didn't quite budge causing Vierra sadness. She ignored the tears prickling her eyes as she faked a smile toward the Avengers.

Thor stood up, and pulled her daughter into a side hug placing a kiss to her temple. "You will always be worthy to me." He whispered just loud enough, so she could hear.

That lifted her spirits some to hear her father say she did well, but she couldn't help, but be disappointed. Maybe she wasn't worthy. Maybe Odin didn't believe she was.

But, she planned to prove that theory wrong.

"All difference to the man who wouldn't be king, but it's rigged." Tony commented hoping to lighten the mood after watching that.

"You bet your a**"  Valerie pointed to Clint "Steve, he said a bad language word."

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Tony smirked, "The handle's imprinted. Right? Like a security code. Whosover is carrying Thor's fingerprint I think is the literal translation."

Thor narrowed his eyes to Tony watching Vierra go, and sit on the couch dejectedly. "Yes. That's a very-very interesting theory. I have a simpler one." He picked up the hammer swinging it in his hands "You're all not worthy."

The Avengers stated their complaints, but Vierra stayed quiet not thinking it was as funny as everyone else did. A loud ringing silenced their complaints, but Valerie fell to the ground clutching her ears with screams.

Vierra jumped down crawling over to her, and cradling her head. Valerie had enhanced hearing which made things a lot more difficult. "Wait," The robot drug out the word, and the ringing stopped causing Valerie to stand.

"He's— no," the robot turned around to them "How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

Steve glared at the deformed robot, "Stark?"

"Jarvis," Tony inquired waiting for an answer. "I'm sorry I was asleep. Or, it was a dream-" Tony looked back down to his tablet curiously. "The reboot must've missed— the legionnaire must've skipped the buggie's suit."

"There was this terrible noise. I was tangled in—" the robot stepped back "Strings. Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Vierra asked. "Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." Thor stepped in front of his daughter protectively "Who sent you?"

"I see a suit of armor around the world." Tony's voice played through the robot surprising the Avengers. "Ultron?" Bruce questioned.

"In the flesh. Well, not yet." The robot looked down to his body "Not in this chrysalis, but I'm ready." Flames tickled Vierra's fingertips whilst Thor gripped his hammer, and Maria cocked her gun.

"I'm on a mission." Maria stood up staring at Steve "What mission?"

"Peace of our time." More of the Avengers robots broke through the walls. Thor pushed his daughter to the ground catching her off guard. He slammed into the robot with his hammer causing its destruction.

Valerie stood up preparing herself to fight, but one of the machines shot at her throwing her through the glass wall. "VALERIE!"