365 Days To Find Love

Love.

I never fully understood the meaning of the word love until I couldn't have his. I never wanted to go through the heartbreak of ever finding love because I knew it wouldn't last. But then there was him.

—————————-365 days earlier——————
"STAY WITH ME ZANAE!!" Was all I could hear and darkness was all I could see. I tried to regain the control over my body but, it wasn't long before the weight of my eyelids overpowered me and closed.

I woke up to see me best friend Simone sitting by the hospital bed that I was laying in.

" How are you ?" She asked me with a worried look on her face.
" I'm fine." I lied. I felt like I didn't need help in life because my parents left me when I was 2 years old so I practically made it to where I am by myself.
"Zanae, you don't have to lie to me,I kno-" she was interrupted by the knock on the door.
"Come in." I said. And with that the doctor came in with a sad look on his face. All I could think of was the worst.
"Ms.Lockwood," the doctor began to speak, "I'm sorry to say but you have stage 4 lung cancer. And I'm afraid to say but it is too late to be treated and you only have 365 days left of life."
With those words my whole body crashed down. My eyes began to turn glossy and before I knew it I started the cry. All I could ask myself was "Why me?".
————————————————————————
Hey guys!! I hope you like the first chapter. I'm new to this so please forgive me if I make mistakes. Ik that this chapter was very short and I'm sorry for it. If you have any feedback make sure to inbox me. 😘