"I will brother."

The scene fades and soon I am located within the kingdom, which in fact is still trying to recover from the damage dealt by the dragons.

"Father let me go with you, I want to kill the dragon too!"

"I know my sweet, my dear child. I lost your mother, I can't lose you too." He says grabbing my head with both of his hands.

"Why does B/n get to go Father?"

"Your brother had volunteered before you. Giving a reason and promise to me, that I believe was more convincing than yours. You both cannot come, you need to wait for us. Promise me if I don't come back nor your brother please rule better than I do.

Be better, train hard and be better ruler than me and your mother could ever rule."

I shake my head, he used past tense.

"Please.."

He kissed my forehead, before getting on his horse. My brother looks at me with grief, before walking over to me.

"Promise me you won't eat all the F/d when I come back." Looking down at me, I only smile before responding.

"No promises.." a few tears trailing down my face, to my cheek, to the outline of my jaw.

But they never came back, each day spent, each week, month even. Watching, sitting, waiting for a sign. Anything, that they were alive. Dreaming of them one day riding victorious through the gate.

Father and B/n picking me up and hugging me close. Father no longer consumed with greed and wrath. As he rules once more, everything in place. Everything back to normal, the right way.

But life isn't perfect, sometimes when you pray. No matter how hard you wish it to come true, it doesn't and you're left with regret and sadness.

———

I open one of eyes, observing me surroundings. Finally opening my other eye, getting up. I make my way towards the front of  the hobbit hole. Having all of my stuff, I summon Damien out once more.

His pale white eyes could be seen in my shadow. As he grows in size, before becoming the same giant shadow wolf as before. I raise my hand to the side of his face, he leans into my touch, nuzzling to the warmth.

I take a deep breath before, starting to sing.

(Play vid)

"The stars are very beautiful above the palace walls.
They shine with equal splendor still above far humbler halls.
I watch them from my window, but their bright, entrancing glow.
Reminds me of the freedom I gave up so long ago."

I sang, now placing my other hand on the other side of Damien's face. He looks down at me, as he licked the side of my face. I show a small smile, going onto my tiptoes.

As I lower his head slightly, placing a kiss onto his forehead, smiling.

"The royal circlet of bright gold rests lightly on my brow.
I once thought only of the rights this circlet would endow.
But once I took the crown to which I had been schooled and bred.
I found it heavy on the heart, though light upon the head."

I sing, as I summon up a piece of meat. Holding it in front of Damien, as he gladly takes it, tearing it to shreds.

"Although I am the head of state, in truth I am the least.
The true Queen knows her people fed, before she sits to feast.
The good Queen knows her people safe, before she takes her rest.
Thinks twice and thrice and yet again, before she makes request."

I sing, as I move from the head of Damien to his body, trailing my hand down. My fingertips grazing his fur, from head to body.

"For they are all my children, all that I swore to defend.
It is my duty to become both Queen and trusted friend—
And of my children high and low, from beggar to above.
The dearest are my Heralds, who return my care with love.

The dearest are my Heralds, swift to spring to my command.
Who give me aid and fellowship, who always understand.
That land and people first have needs that I may not deny—"

Placing Damien's claw armor on. Giant sword like nails, giving him extra help when dealing damage, it also allows him to grip onto tougher surfaces.

"So I must send my dearest friends to danger—and to die."

I graze my fingertips along old scars along Damien's body, some could be located on his legs. As one is located on the side of his face, though it can be barely noticeable as for his shadowy body.

"A friend, a love, a child—it matters not. I know indeed.
That I must sacrifice them, all if there should be the need.
They know, and they forgive me—doing more than I require.
With willing minds and loving hearts, go straight to grasp the fire."

"These tears that burn my eyes are all the tears the Queen can't shed.
The tears I weep in silence, as I mourn my Heralds dead.
O Gods that dwell beyond the stars, if you can hear my cry—"

"And if you have compassion—let me send no more to die!"

A single tear slips from my eye, when I lowered my head.

"You alright there lassie?" I look over to see Balin. Damien see this and growls, snarling teeth showing. I place a palm on his snout, looking at him with a stern look.

"He is a friend."

He stops immediately, bowing in response. Taking several steps back. Though not too far, just in case you do come in harms way.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine, lassie. I won't push if you don't want to, but just remember I'm always here if you need to talk."

"Thank you Balin." I say wiping my tears away. He sighs, before continuing on.

"Kili saw you walking out here, he told me to give you this." He says handing me a plate of food, light enough. So I won't get a sick from too much.

"Thank you."

He only nods in response.

"Is this your ride?" I nod in response. Petting Damien's head softly.

"Thorin will not like that you had brought a wolf, I'm sure you know why."

I sigh in response, Thorin dislikes wolves because they remind him too much of wargs.

"I know, but he's the fastest and most loyal mount. Not only that, but he is also a trustworthy friend, I trust him with my life."

"Alright lass, but just warning you Thorin won't be happy."

'I'm counting on it.'

-//-

Hope you guys like it, have a nice rest of your day bye. Also from this day forth I will start putting positive gifs to keep those spirits high.