⌁ Firenze

FIRENZE!

FIRENZE!

A centaur who resides in the Forbidden Forest at Hogwarts.

ʙɪᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜɪᴄᴀʟ ɪɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Also known as: Dobbin and the nag

Title: Professor

ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ɪɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Species: Centaur

Gender: Male

Hair colour: White-blond

Eye colour: Astonishingly blue

Firenze was a centaur with a palomino horse hind-body and blond human hair. He had blue eyes and looked younger than both Bane and Ronan.

ᴀꜰꜰɪʟɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Occupation: Professor of Divination at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (1996-1998)

ʙɪᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜʏ

⠀⠀⠀⠀Professor Firenze was a centaur, part of the Forbidden Forest Centaur colony, and a Divination teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1996-1998. 

Before sometime in March 1996, he lived with the colony in the Forbidden Forest, on the borders of Hogwarts in Scotland. In 1992, Firenze saved Harry Potter in the forest from Quirinus Quirrell, frightening Quirrell away and carrying Harry on his back to safety. Despite his heroics, his herd saw this as a dishonourable act, as they considered themselves too great to be ridden by humans. 

About four years later, in March 1996, Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, hired him to teach Divination in Sybill Trelawney's stead, after she was sacked by Dolores Umbridge. But once again, the other centaurs saw this as servitude, and his colony attacked and banished him. They would have killed him were it not for the intervention of Rubeus Hagrid. 

After Dumbledore was reinstated as headmaster, Trelawney was returned to her classroom. However, since Firenze was still estranged with his colony, Dumbledore allowed them both to continue teaching, though Trelawney was uncomfortable with sharing her classes with a centaur. 

When Firenze was injured fighting in the Battle of Hogwarts, he returned to his colony later when the other centaurs had come to the opinion that his pro-human leanings were not so shameful.

During the Calamity, Firenze helped members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force who sought a Magizoologist profession by leading a week-long camp to enhance their physical attributes, while he offered a mind-over-matter seminar to those who sought a Professorship profession to increase their focus.

ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ

Divination: Being a Centaur (and therefore a natural-born Seer), Firenze was naturally gifted in the magical art of divination, and even taught the subject at Hogwarts from 1996-1998. Being a centaur, Firenze performed divination through observing planets, moons and stars, and had a low opinion of human divination, viewing it as nonsensical. 

Combat: Firenze was also skilled in combat as he notably saved Harry Potter's life in the Forbidden Forest by charging at Quirinus Quirrell and forcing him to flee before he could attack Harry. This was especially notable as Quirrell was possessed by Voldemort at the time, which enhanced his magical powers, although Voldemort was also in a weakened form at the time. Despite getting injured in the first half of the battle, he also survived the Battle of Hogwarts with no fatal injury.

updated by: archiviste-