| Well played | - 1

[ The reason I haven't published Flower Boy, is that I messed up on the plot, which is bothering me but a shit ton, it's just being fixed will take a fat minute to do. Enjoy another fanfic of Max x Male! Reader ]

***

Max's eyes fixed on you, for quite some time in a cup of coffee in front of him. You spoke to Gwen, who had a genuine and ongoing conversation without her even blowing up nor sighing once. You had looked over at Max time to time as you had been listening to Gwen talk, "So you were saying, that this guy you had been dating was a fish creature?" You asked, in the corner of your eye Max's he was still staring at you, "Of course! Sadly he became ugly after I kissed him," She said with a disappointing expression, you laughed half-heartedly.

"Wow, you have such good taste, that's a shame that the fish man you thought you had loved shown his ugly side of him. There are thousands of other fishes in the ocean for you to find. Like that girl Jen you mentioned a while ago," You winked as you playful smirk, "oh quit it," Gwen laughs as she had lightly shoved you.

"Sorry, couldn't help it," you say with a chuckle. The door had opened, "Good morning, campers!" David yells with such joy, Gwen didn't roll her eyes nor groans, "Morning David." She says, sipping from her coffee mug, "Oh Gwen, I'm glad you have woken up on the right side of the bed today!" Gwen shrugs, "I guess so" Max was bewildered as his jaw drops, the two adults were talking, slipping away from the two adults talking. You slyly slid next to Max only to use your hand to close it.

"You don't want to catch fleas with an open mouth," You joked, he jumps out of his seat in surprise. "What the fuck!" Causing a scene for the campers to look over at them.

Neil and Nikki came in the mess hall, Max sitting on the ground as you had crossed your legs as you smiled at Neil and Nikki. They looked at each other then back at you and Max, "Max. Language." David says as Max rolled his eyes at him, "are you going to get off the floor? Or are you going to let the Quartermaster stand there and wait?" You say as Max glares at you, he quickly gets up from the ground walking to sit where Nikki and Neil were seated. As the Quartermaster went back to mopping the floors.

Turning around you looked over at Gwen, she looks over at you as you both nod at the same time, Gwen passed by you, only for her to give you a candy bar. Smiling with satisfaction, quickly shoving it inside your 90's aesthetic varsity jacket, you can see that Max folded his arms and rose a brow at you. "Alright Campbell Campers!" David says, "I hope you finished your breakfast because we are going to go hiking!" Some groaned as others didn't mind; it was sunny without any clouds. You stood up, casually putting your hands inside your pants pocket walking past Max's table. You had made eye contact with him; you grinned at him as you left the mess hall.

Once everyone except Neil and Nikki left, Max slammed his head on the table. "Max, I always wondered why you are so..." Neil trailed off, trying to think of the word, "uneasy around [F. Name]!" Nikki had finished the sentence, "Yeah! Why are you so uneasy around him? Like, seriously, you're like taller than him, you know how to run shit and besides he hasn't joined the camp not too long ago." Neil squints at Max suspiciously as Nikki folded her arms, his two friends were confronting Max. As Max opened his mouth to protest as David came back in the mess hall, "I was looking for you three, let's hurry up," Max was thankful for David to cut him off, Max quickly left the mess hall first.

Everyone was together, "Let's get going campers!" David says as you were dosing off as the rest of you had followed David. Max bitting his lip, annoyed at the happy man who leads them to the hiking trail.

Max, Neil, and Nikki had slipped away from the group. They scurried off to the camping site, "Max, what are we doing?" Neil asks the angry boy, "shut up." Max quickly replied he was going towards [F. Name's] tent, "oh, I see what he's doing!" Nikki says as she follows him, going into your tent, once they went in, the tent was tidied up, the cot had a neatly folded blanket and pillow on top of it.

There was a black bag next to the cot, Max got his hands on your backpacks and unzipped it, digging around as he threw clothes out of it. A pack of cigarettes were found, Max grins deviously, "come on guys," Max says as they follow him out of the tent. "Hey Max what did you find?" Neil asks, Max had shows him a pack of cigarettes, "oh... what are you planning to do with those?"

"Obviously using it against him," Max says, "what do you think I'm gonna do? Smoke them?"

"Well... yeah, it seems like you would do such a thing anyway," Neil says as he looks over to Nikki who was in la la land. Max snorts, "unbelievable," Max scoffs, You were just fiddling with your sleeve, bored out of your mind. You were waiting on David to stop being dramatic for losing three campers, in the corner of your eye, a familiar trio had joined back. "Welcome back, I'm sure David will be overjoyed, now that we've found you!" You say catching some of the camper's attention.

The look on Max's face sort of bothered you, he looked a bit too confident. Which in some cases he isn't really like this unless he did something.

You shrugged and looked away from Max, David had just came back. "D-did you find them?!" You pointed at them, his forest green eyes averted towards the mischievous trio. "Max where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!" David says as he was going towards Max, picking him up from the ground giving him a hug, a pack of cigarettes fell out of his pocket.

No one seemed to notice as your eyes averted to the pack on the ground. 'So this is why he was so confident? He was going to blackmail me? How cute.'

Jokes on you, "hey Max..." he looked over, "why do you have a pack of cigarettes?" Max had been dropped to the ground once David saw the pack. "This is why you were gone?!" David cried out, "David, you idiot why would I smoke that trash! It was [F. Name's], it was in his bag!" Max pointes at you, at this point he was done for.

"tsk tsk, still lying I see?" Folding your arms as you rose a brow, "Max I-I can't believe you," David says with disappointment, grabbing the pack on the ground. He had walked away, without another word, Max watched as David left. He turns to you, "this is all your fault!" Max voice rose up, "mine?" You laughed, "oh Max... you're so funny," You walked past him, whispering in his ear, "don't touch things that are not yours~"

Leaving the group of campers, Max looks over at his at Nikki and Neil for some backup. But Neil avoided Max's eye contact, and Nikki was playing in the mud, Max frustratingly sighed. His whole plan didn't turn out as expected, the tables were turned on him, the way you talked, and the way you walked, how you teased him. He hated everything about you. One day he'll get you—