Chapter 5- the man of the house

Chapter 5- The man of the house

"what do you want with us?" Shane yells at the man. Dylan starts to twist his arm. Shane yelps and I wince at his pain.

"Dylan that's not needed. He is no condition to harm me he just wanted a simple answer." Mark sternly said but turned more humored the more he said.

Dylan tells go of Shane. Shane falls to the ground. I go to his side and glare at Mark as he finishes his decent from the stairs.

"aw hope for no hard feeling." Mark humors "to answer you question we need um how would u say a specific gene that is rare for a test."

" Then go get a lab rat not human beings, your testing your own kind." I shriek.

"there are many things wrong with that statement." he laughs" the first one is that only humans have the trait and second who said I was human." he flashes his fangs at us again.

" They're not real they can't be." Shane stutters

" well we are." Mark laughs.

" why us then? Why not other people with the gene?" I raise my voice

" Temper young lady will get you no where." Mark smiles" You two were the only people with the gene on this side of the world. "

" how can it just be us? There has to be more!" I stutter

" Their is more but none of them at the proper age as you two. Two are born each year but we need to them 16 years of age for the genes to work correctly. You two happen to be the only 2 in the united states and lucky for us you were in the same school." Mark walks up to me and plays with my hair. I pull back.

"What does this gene do? What's so special about it?" Shane asks finally rising and leaning on my shoulder.

" you can have a mix of blood. Vampire and werewolf combined to make a super creature."