01 // The Crash

Covers season 1 episode 1; Pilot pt. 1

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Screaming. People screaming and fire burning are the first things that Bucky wakes up to.

He barely even notices the pain in his leg and the small jolts of electricity shooting up his left side from his bionic prosthesis, as his eyes fly open.

Sitting up slowly as his eyes get used to the blinding sunlight, he looks around at his surroundings in confusion.

He's on a beach. Why am I on a beach?

That, he doesn't understand as only ten, maybe twenty minutes ago he was sitting on a plane with Steve flying back to America. He doesn't understand how the hell he got here. That is, until he looks over towards where most of the screaming is coming from.

There, not far from where he's sitting on the sand, is the plane's fuselage. Though, the tail section and the plane's cockpit, is nowhere to be seen.

Looking down at his leg as he only just notices the pain, he spots the piece of shrapnel sticking out of it. Pulling it out, he throws it to the side and stands up, almost losing his footing, but remains standing. He's had worse.

A piece of shrapnel in his leg is hardly going to do much damage to him. Especially not when the wound will just heal itself within a few hours. Score one for the mock super soldier serum, courtesy of Hydra...

Though, he's going to have to do something about that damn arm. Hopefully the gears aren't too broken in it. He can move it just fine though, not so much feel anything with it but it's always been like that. Well, actually he can feel with it more than what he used to, thanks to the Black Panther's younger sister, Shuri.

But just in case something's wrong with the arm (which, if there is, he suspects that if Shuri were here, she'd possibly complain about him managing to break her tech), he's going to have to do something about it. The electric shocks he's currently getting from it right now, aren't something that he really wants to have to deal with. It reminds him too much of Hydra, which is something he'd really like to forget about.

Limping a little, he makes his way closer to the wreckage where dead bodies are strewn across the sand along with injured men and women who're too weak to get up. The other survivors, the ones standing, are either helping the injured, or yelling for their loved ones.

As bad as it may sound, Bucky doesn't care about them right now. All he cares for right now, is finding Steve.

"Steve!" He yells, looking around frantically as he desperately tries to spot the one person in this world he really cares about.

He doesn't spot him anywhere. Not even among the dead, so that gives him a little hope that Steve is still alive.

Which he supposes is a good thing, but he's not going to consider it a good thing until he actually sees Steve alive. For all he knows, Steve could be dead in the water. Or what Bucky is hoping, is that he's helping the rest of the survivors to make it safe and away from the wreckage.

Ignoring the pain in his leg, Bucky begins running along the beach, trying to spot Steve anywhere among the wreckage just in case he missed him the first time. Though, he highly doubts that he had managed to miss him previously, he's always been good at spotting that moron anywhere.

"Do you have a pen?" A young dark haired guy asks, running up to him.

"A pen?" Bucky asks, confused on why the fuck this guy would want a pen of all things after having survived a plane crash.