"What are you sorry for?"

She finally responded, pushing her 3 fingers into the collar of the black formal top she was wearing and started to unbutton again right from the top.

"I said mean things-" My speech was interrupted by how intimidating she looked right now. "I hurt you with my words"

Her hands already reached the last button and she stopped, revealing another layer of fabric inside when the formal top was no longer attached to its side.

Lisa turned her body, walking even farther from me as she went to grab a towel that I hung before.

"That's okay, I already said mean things back"

She made her way to me now with the same eyes that had been staring at me for God knew how long, sending goosebumps all over my skin with an energy in her that I couldn't determine yet.

She placed the towel on the counter and she ran her hand on my leg, pushing into my inner thighs as if she wanted to separate them back.

"But I hurt you with a slap on the face," She whispered while I tried my best to keep my legs closed against the amount of strength she put along her arm.

But I failed.

She got her previous spot, standing in between my legs as I parted them for her, inviting the cold atmosphere to brush against my sensitive part.

"I won't feel better if I don't receive the same pain"

"What?" I asked to show my disagreement about the thing she just said. "No!" I said in a strict tone because there was no way I would hurt her feelings, again.

"It will make me feel better, Roseanne"

Melissa didn't want to move from what she stood for, and I knew I might need to stay in here longer than I should for as long as she didn't get what she wanted.

"I'm not going to slap you"

I repeated myself with a much clearer voice, showing how stubborn I could be that only my parents knew it before. So she grabbed me by the wrist, pulling my hand up until I had her face in my grip.

"Lisa-"

"Fix it for me, baby" Her eyes changed this time, turning from empty and dead into some kind of regret. "I don't want to feel like this"

"There are other ways, Lisa. I will do anything to make you feel better," I begged since my wife probably had forgotten about how we used to kiss each other to fix any pain. "Anything for you, my love, but please..." Shaking my head, I felt tears spilled out from the brim of my eyes. "Not this"

"This is the only way-"

"As far as you can't buy valuable people with money," I held her head with both of my hands now. "That's how you can't always repay violence with violence, Lisa"

I tried to make my point because now I saw what was really bothering her mind that I was sure even her psychiatrist didn't see it the way I did. Because this time, I used my heart.

"Each time we fight, you will be yelling" I continued when Lisa's silence gave me the green pass. "Have I ever yelled back?"

"No"

"Exactly," I said. "Because that's not how I love you"

She was silent again as her eyes softened, but it didn't mean she already accepted what I said. She could be planning in her mind of what to say next just to diss my point.

"But it scarred your heart, Roseanne"

"It doesn't scar at all, I promise" I responded to her firmly.