𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 : 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"?? ??? ??? ????? ????"
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

crashes of raindrops hit the windows of the nakamura household, the thunder in the background of the darkness added more noise to the droplets; almost like percussion to the woodwind. despite the weather it was a boring night for the house. benedict was sitting in front of his cherished PC, playing a new round of overwatch with some of his friends. his room was dark and cramped, the only light illuminating from his screen. a rapping was heard against the shut door of ben's room, but it was unheard because of the headphones wrapped around the boy's ears.

out in the warm light of the hall was ben's mother, dressed in a khaki jumpsuit stained with some questionable matter. her hair is tied back in a sleek ponytail, flyaways pinned back with a few shiny bobby pins. she knocked at the door once more before a sigh escaped from her lips, "ben, will you stop what you're doing and say bye to us?", she waited again.

"YAH, YOU STUPID BASTARD! YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SUCH A CRYBABY AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME!", when she heard her son's outburst she realized he wasn't doing anything private so she twisted the door handle and stepped into the room.

"ben sweetems, your father and i will be going out to clear out a client's house. we shouldn't be long," she paused to only see her son was still had his eyes glued to a computer screen, "ben can you hear me?" no response, "god, could you pause the game and listen to me?"

a flash of lights and colours lit up the screen and ben slammed his keyboard against his wooden desk with such force it made his mom jump a bit. "ben, honestly! you're so absorbed into that game you didn't even hear anything i was saying. god, you're just like your father."

ben finally looked back to see his mom standing in his doorway with her hand held up to her temple, looking at him with that mom face. "what's that supposed to mean?" ben yelled-spoke because of the heavy headphones still attached to his head.

she held a half smile, "i mean it. you're exactly like your father. as in the man downstairs waiting for me, as in the man i married quite some time ago, as in the man that mad-"

"okay, okay, okay. let's not go there, mom. i don't want nightmares tonight. jesus christ." ben sighed, taking off his headset in the process. "but yeah, what were you saying?"

"your father and i are just going over to a client's house, they need us to clean out a room or something like that. it's a bit far from here but we shouldn't be long." she stepped into his room and made her way over to her son. "love you." she said against his bangs.

"mhm, love you too." ben said back as she was heading out.

༄༄ ༄

the storm didn't help the couple as they drove along the unpaved road in the darkness. it was eerily silent in the dark until henry nakamura looked down at the van's dash and saw that the gas light was on and blinking a harsh red.

"might need't pull over for gas." he muttered to his wife

"will we even have time for that?" she sighed, looking at the clock which read 11:49. the duo's appointment was for 12:00 and from the looks of it they didn't seem close.

"well if we even want to arrive then we need to get gas."

they drove for a little longer until they came to a four-way, sat next to it was a small dimly lit gas station which sat no cars and looked like it came right from the 70's. henry pulled into the lot, a bad feeling haunting the back of his head. as he was going to open the handle, one of their gadgets started to produce a small whirr in the trunk.

"henry-"

"clara," he sighed with a smile "i'll be fast." he heaved himself out of the seat and stepped out into the white light of the gas station.

beep. beeeeep. beep.

another sound made its way into van, this time coming from one of the buzzers. clara turned to the messy trunk to try to find the trinkets. she grasped the one that was making a cool wind and successfully turned it off. she unbuckled and bent herself over her seat to try to grab the other one. the light coming from it was brighter than it had ever been, at first she tried to brush off that bad feeling in her gut but it came back when she heard a dull clatter next to her.

the pump lay still on the rough concrete, leaking some droplets of the clear gasoline. clara stared at the pump in horror, her husband had just been here less than three seconds ago he couldn't have gone far? right?

the more she stared the more she felt like an icy cold sheen was being drawn over her. she couldn't rip her eyes off of the small silver gas pump, even the crashing thunderclaps in the sky couldn't rip her eyes off of it. the object was drawing her near it and before she knew it she was surrounded by black. the loudest clap of the storm came as her head dropped dead against the uneven concrete.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

did y'all enjoy it? i haven't written a scene like that in a while so i'm a bit rusty.

anyways, thank you for being patient and i hope you liked it :)