Chapter 8

The week seemed to have gone by quickly. I was ready to go home; I missed my Uncle and England. But leaving Narnia would be the hardest thing I would ever have to do. Narnia is my home. It's the home of my people. And Aslan said that Peter, Susan and I wouldn't be able to come back. We had learned everything we could from Narnia and now it was time for us to go home. It was a blessing and a curse. We would always be Kings and Queens of Narnia. Lucy and Edmund would get to come back, which I was grateful for. Lucy loved Narnia and Aslan more than all of us. One thing though was made clear. When I asked Aslan about His country, he said that since we were Kings and Queens of Narnia, we will go to Aslan's country when we pass. So one day, we will return.

As we all gathered in the courtyard, the Pevenises, Caspain and I stood next to Aslan. The Telmarines stood below us with the Narnians. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarnies who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian says to the crowd. Most of the Telmariens look up in shock and confusion.

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." One of the Telmarine Lords replied Caspian looked to Aslan.

"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our kings and queens." Aslan says, looking over to us. "It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." The Telmarines look around, no one moving. Then one man raises his hand.

"I'll go. I will accept the offer." He nods, about to step forward when a hand grabs his shoulder; Miraz' wife and her child and another Telmarine Lord.

"So will we." She replies. They all step forward, standing before Aslan, who nods respectfully at them.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good." Aslan breathes on them, and then the tree behind us twists, forming a round opening in the middle of the tree. As they begin to walk through, Caspian shares a look with his aunt. Then she walks through, all of them disappearing into thin air. The people gasp and start to murmur, both scared and shocked.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" Another Telmarine cries out. Reepicheep steps forward.

"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice though with no delay." Peter and I look at each other, Peter grabbing my hand before the two of us step forward. Aslan looks over at us, both of us knowing it's time.

"We'll go." Peter says, making both of the younger Pevensies look at him, shocked. "Come on. Our time's up." Peter lets go of my hand and walks to Caspian, handing him his sword. "After all, we're not really needed here anymore." Caspian takes the sword from Peter and glances at Susan before looking back at Peter.

"I will look after it until your return." Susan steps up, taking all of Caspian's attention away from Peter.

"I'm afraid that's just it. We're not coming back." Susan tells him.

"We're not?" I turn around, looking at Lucy.

"You two are." I tell her. Lucy looks lost as she looks to Aslan.

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" She asks, on the verge of tears. Aslan just shakes his head.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother, sister and Anastasia have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own." Aslan tells her. Lucy looks at me and then her siblings, confused.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on." I hold Lucy's hand as we go around, saying goodbye to our closest friends. Lucy curtsies to Trumpkin and he nods to her but then they both embrace each other. I walk back to Peter and nod to the centaur leader. I hug Caspian, smiling at him. Then Susan walks up to him and I take a step back, going over to Aslan. "I'll miss you." I tell Aslan, as I hugged him.

"I'll see you again, dear. And I'll always be with you." He smiled at me as I curtsy, walking back to Peter, holding his hand. I look back to Susan, watching her walk away from Caspian. She looks at me and I smile at her, making her turn around and runs to Caspian, kissing him. He kisses her back, both of them smiling as they pull away.

"I'm sure when I'm older I'll understand." Lucy said, looking at her sister. I smiled at her.

"I'm older and I don't think I want to understand." I laugh as I squeeze Peter's hand, Susan walking back to us. She smiled widely, as she grabbed Ed's hand, Lucy grabbing mine and Ed's other hand. Lucy and I look back one last time before we step into the tree. Suddenly, people are pushing around us as we let go of each other's hands. I look down, my outfit having changed into the same as Susan's. I was dressed for school. I looked down at Lucy, smiling at her. I turned around, expecting to see Aslan. But all I saw was stone. I sighed as I looked forward, Peter grabbing my hand as the train came to a stop in front of us. The doors open and a boy looks back at us in confusion.

"Aren't you coming, Phyllis?" We all look at Susan, confused. But she just shrugs as they all grab their luggage and board the train. I rest my head on Peter's shoulder as the train starts to move, looking down at the ring on my finger.

"Do you think there's any way we could get back?" Ed asks, drawing my attention to him. I shook my head as he closed his bag. "I've left my new torch in Narnia!" We all smile, laughing at him. I hear a faint roar, closing my eyes as the train continues to move.

THE END