vi. charlotte and ian

THE RISE OF THE CYBERMEN

edited as of february 19th, 2020

As the TARDIS is flung around, Charlotte looks to the other side of the console. Seeing a mess of blonde hair flying around next to the Tenth Doctor as he tried to steady the TARDIS. Suddenly, the TARDIS came to a halt. Gas masks fell from the ceiling and the power being completely off caused Charlotte hardly able to see anything.

Looking up from where she fell to the floor Charlotte noticed Mickey lying on the ground breathing heavily.

"Everyone alright?" The Doctor asked as he stood up from the other side of the console. "Rose? Mickey?" He looks over at the brunette standing on the opposite side of the console as she heaved slightly, then visibly relaxed a little. "Oh Charlotte, you're here, that's good."

Mickey glances at Charlotte oddly confused but turns away once getting a look back. "I'm fine," he responded to the Doctor. "I'm okay. Sorry. Yeah."

While Charlotte calmed, the Doctor looked to the console with a long face. "She's dead." A click was heard, and the engines cooled down and steam came from the console. "The TARDIS is dead."

"You can fix it?" Rose wondered, standing beside him.

The Doctor walked slowly around the console. "There's nothing to fix. She's perished." He pulled a lever but gave no change. "The last TARDIS in the universe. Extinct."

"We can get help, yeah?" Says Rose, trying to help.

"Where from?"

Charlotte shrugged. "Well, we landed- we have to be somewhere."

The Doctor around to face Charlotte with an incredulous expression. "We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness. We're in some sort of no place... The silent realm... The lost dimension."

As he was talking, a beaming Mickey opened the door to reveal London outside the TARDIS. "Otherwise known as London?" With a laugh, he stepped outside.

Charlotte smirked at the Doctor. "Some silent dimension!" She mocked him.

Promptly leaving the TARDIS, they found themselves in London with two Zeppelins taking over the sky above them. The Doctor stood by the TARDIS, putting the trench coat back on.

Mickey, however, didn't notice the Zeppelins in the sky. "London, England, Earth," he said, as if he were an alien tour guide. "Hold on..." Jumping off the low wall the TARDIS was parked, he picked up a discarded newspaper from the ground. "First of February this year. Not exactly far-flung, is it?"