The Palace

After what seemed like hours of silence, a piercing scream filled the air, a sound he hadn't heard since the slaughtering started. Whipping his head around he saw his best friend Nate being dragged off by two huge, furry horrible looking creatures. Ignoring Ciaran, he made his way over; falling and tripping over severed body parts, slipping on slippery innards that had spilled out of the victims. Nate was already half way gone; only the upper portion of his body was visible. He was trying to desperately grab on to anything that would keep him from going down the hole the creatures were pulling him in. Seeing him arrive cheered up his grim looking face, he reached out; putting his weight on his left hand so he could grab his right. He was nearly there, he could almost grab onto him, and yet he missed. They were so close and he couldn't grab onto him, he tried desperately to grab a hold of Nate. The fact that Nate was there and alive, helped him cope with the fact the others had died a horrible death.

"Nate! Nate!" he hated how desperate he sounded. He was forced to watch in horror how his best friend got dragged underground by those beasts. That did it; he finally lost it and cried. He cried his heart out, his wails sounding over the field like the cry of a banshee. Still looking at the patch of dirt where his best friend disappeared into the earth. He shivered once before resuming his pitiful and useless clawing of the earth where Nate disappeared as he heard the footsteps of Ciaran's heavy boots coming his way. They came to a stop just a few meters away from him, mocking him with their presence and cleanness; unlike everybody else who was there, Ciaran's clothes were free of any blood, gore or dirt. Several others joined Ciaran's boots in his line of vision, some were bare foot others were still wearing shoes. He had a sense they were all waiting for him to do something. What exactly he didn't know, and by the looks of it he didn't want to know anyway. He clenched his fist; the whole party thing was a hoax, a lure for willing lambs to go to the slaughter house. If they expected him to run away screaming they had another thing coming, of course he was afraid to die, everybody was. But he made damn sure that if he's going to die, he's going to die on his terms not theirs.

A deep sinister chuckle sounded, sending another type of shivers down his spine. One of want, need and everything wicked. Martin looked up, glaring at Ciaran's amused twinkling eyes. Ciaran offered him a hand "Come on Mart, it's time to go." Martin bit his lip, not sure what to do; his instinct told him to follow Ciaran, but the logical part of his brain said he needed to get out of there and call the cops. Several light chiming voices giggled, making him snap back to the situation. As if he read his mind "Do you really think the cops are going to take you seriously Mart? It is Halloween after all, they are usually swamped with prank calls around this time of year. And by the looks of you, I would say they concluded that you did it and lock you up for good."

Those words haunted through his head as he dutifully trudged after them into a wall of green vines when the cave ended. Confused Martin just stood there for a couple of seconds to take in the scene; lush green plants, tall giants of trees, animals like he had never seen before. He pinched himself to make absolutely sure he wasn't dreaming. The others walked on a head; one of them turned back " Stay on the path, if you know what's good for you." The others snickered, that was until Ciaran silenced them with a glare.

        He looked at Mart, his light hypnotic eyes glowing " Come Mart, we need to go." As if his body had a mind of it's own he began walking forward, towards Ciaran outstretched hand. On the inside Mart fought for control of his body, he didn't like it one bit that Ciaran or any of the others could compel him to do anything with just looking at him with their glowing eyes and their command.

As soon as Martin touched his hand, his mind went blank. He came back to his senses when Ciaran let go of his hand. Blinking he found himself surrounded by all kinds of creatures in another cave kind of chamber. Unlike the previous one he came through, this one had a high ceiling. Due to the ceiling being so high, Mart was forced to tilt his head back missing the movement in front of him. A low moan sounded from one of the many dark corners. Startled Mart looked in the direction of the moaning. Slightly frightened, he carefully moved over making sure the light coming through a small hole in the ceiling lighting his way. Surprised he was the pile of being on the floor was his friend Nate, moaning and groaning in pain. Crashing to his knees beside his friend, Mart is at a loss of what to do. Nate's battered body was covered in cuts, bite and claw marks.

He was so distraught by the state of his friend that he was obvious to anything else going on in the chamber. Then a clicking sounded, it sounded like the claws of a dog walking on the stone floor. This happened to be the thing, because a deep threatening growl sounded as Mart reached out to touch Nate to see if he was still alive. He had stopped moaning and groaning a little while ago, Mart was getting fairly worried now. "You better step away from him." Oisin's lyrical voice sounded "Morrigan can be very possessive about what she considers hers." Oisin smirked as he sat down on a stone throne; it had been hiding in the dark. Since Oisin entered several torches lit up. Oisin kept smirking at Mart's confused expression "Welcome Martin, to Gymwen; the kingdom of the blood fey."