The space between pain and joy

Start from the beginning

The soft whisper on my ears

"I love you more than you ever knew."

I look up to him, he was hugging me lightly and whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

After he left me in the altar, what was he saying and doing? Is he crazy?

I pushed him and tried to let go from his hug but he pulled me and still hugging me.

"I am sorry for doing that but i just wanna make sure that you love me and chase after me. I am always insecure because you always kept everything by yourself that i thought you can do everything by yourself. You are my life Jhayed that i can not tie you to my side forever without knowing that you want it too. When you finally accepted my proposal after four failed attempt, i felt that i was the luckiest guy on earth. The first time you say no to my proposal felt like hell. You are so full of yourself and always saying that you can live without me. I went to seclude myself and got wasted but the next day i realized that i can't live without you and still chase after you. I said to my self, i will always chase after you. The next proposal you reject give me the same impact but still my love for didn't waver so i continue to chase after you and love you with all my love. I keep on thinking a better way to proposed and keep saying that the next time you will definitely say no. Everyone is saying I am crazy but I don't care because i love you. But when I saw you walking in the aisle, my insecurities reach the top notch. I was staring at you with love but you are not looking at me. You look miserable looking in the floor and i thought that I just force myself into you. When the priest ask me if i do promise to love, cherish and give you happiness i decided to give it to you that's why i will give your freedom back. While I am walking away from you, my heart my mind and my whole being is begging to you to chase after me. I am praying to all the saint I knew and I don't know that please tell her to chase after me. Now, right this moment when you chase me and keep repeating that you love me and crying for me, i am so glad, happy and i can't describe the joy I am feeling right now. The punch yes i deserve that. Though I hate the tears and hate i saw i your eyes, i am glad to saw that. The tears that was meant for me. That tears is my proof that i am valuable and worthy for you. I am sorry for ruining you dream wedding but I have to do this for my sake and and for yours." After saying that he let go of me and stand up. He offer his hand for me and help me stand.

We are now facing each other with tears in our eyes and cheeks. He slowly reach my tears and tried to dry it up with his hands. He cup my face with his two gentle big hands and kiss my forehead.

I can't stop my tears, a moment ago I am crying in pain but now I am crying in expressible joy and regret.

I don't regret to love him but I do regret to make him feel insecure. I keep shielding myself to the pain I don't want to feel but I don't realized that he was the one taking all the pain. I was the one to be blame for him feeling insecure. How can I be so cruel to him. I am glad that he was always there to love and understand me.

He kiss my lips and kneel with one leg in front of me. I felt giddy looking down on him. He was so handsome and I felt that i am really blessed.

He was looking in my straight into my eyes, his eyes is shinning with love.

"Jhayed Viallo, I am Alexander James Demonteverde saying that I will love you for the rest of my life, cherish and treasure you and most of all I will try my best to give you the happiness for all of my life. In spite of the tears you shed for me and the cruel act I pulled a moment ago, will you still love me and marry me?"

I was speechless, I saw the love is his eyes and uncertainly but hell may turn to heaven I will not reject him anymore.

I will also give him the love he deserve. I already knew he love me and it was proven so many times so now I will accept him into my life wholeheartedly.

With a slight nod, I whisper yes before pulling him for a tight embrace that he return with a tighter embrace also.

Everyone is cheering and whistling. They are nervous a moment ago but now they are throwing us laughter and words of congratulations.

I saw his family and our friends cheering and giving us thumbs up while drying their tears.

Yes, I may not have a family for the past years of my life but I knew that this man I am hugging now is enough to make me the happiest lady on earth.

"ARE WE GOING TO CONTINUE THE WEDDING OR NOT?"

That was the priest that caught our attention. With last tight embrace and kiss on the forehead, he pulled me in front of the altar again.

When we reach the altar he grin to the priest - I was just staring at him all this time.

The priest smiled gently on us and reach our clasped hand.

"God always blessed those who called." then he looked on our audience.

We just smiled to each other and he pulled my veil to cover my face again.

The priest proceed to the ceremony while he was playing with my hands and I am looking to him.

When he turns to look at me and saw me looking at him lovingly, I notice the slight blush on his cheeks.

Now and forever I will love this guy, I told to myself.

"In the presence of the God Almighty, I pronounced you loving Husband and Wife. You may now kiss your bride. "

He slowly lifted my veil with his shaking hands and I notice the tear that fell from his eyes. The love is visible in his eyes. I don't realized that I was crying until he reach my cheeks to dry my tears.

He was about to kiss me when he stepped on my heels that I left in the altar a moment ago.

He was looking at it and turn to me.

"That is the reason why I was looking on the floor when I am walking in the aisle. I don't want embarrassed myself by falling while walking in the aisle, you know that I am not used on wearing heels right?." I said with a smile.

He just shook his head and said "stupid heels" before he claimed me with heart stopping, nerve breaking and mind blowing kiss.

A happy cheer and lots of congratulatory and best wished will be heard in the background that came from our guest but I don't mind them, I am focused on the man kissing me right now, the man i loved, love and will always love.

The end.