Chapter 78

After about two days of me going through Hell in my own body and my friends acting like they were doctors, I was able to recover enough by the end of the week and get back to my regular schedule on Friday. I was able to catch up all my assignments and turn them in when I got back. A few teachers were worried about me when I was gone and were glad to see me healthy again. Some made me do extra credit to make up for the time I lost in class, which irritated me a little but I didn't care much. I think Mr. Birch was the most happy to see me, though. His class was always my favorite, especially now that Remington was with me, and he was relieved to see I was okay and enthusiastic to learn more new things. This was one of the only classes that strengthened my motivation to study to be a music producer.

When I got to my Business class later, Owen walked up to my desk and seemed to bore a guilty look on his face. "Hey, Carina", he said to me, "I just wanted to apologize for my behavior the last time we met. I didn't mean to threaten your relationship with your boyfriend, and I clearly misjudged you. I promise not to try anything again, but I would like to know you as a friend at least." He stuck his hand out for me to shake, and I hesitated at first but then shook it and gave him a small yet brief smile. He smiled back and took his seat. The class was a bit slow today and Owen asked me about a few questions he had on our previous assignment and I helped him understand better. He seemed like a nice guy underneath the charm and wealth, but maybe he needs someone to help him be more himself.

I told my friends after that Owen apologized for his behavior from last time and they were just as shocked as I was, and Remington was a bit cautious about him. "Don't worry, Remington", I reassured him, "I'm not gonna be so easy with him, and you know how I am when it comes to being careful." He nodded and smiled as the memory of how I was when we first met popped in his head. "I trust you 100%, Carina", he told me while squeezing my hand, "But if the bastard tries anything on you, I'm coming after him." I laughed a little and told him, "Fine by me, it'll be his fault if he can't take a hint. Just don't kill him, promise?" He smiled and kissed my cheek before replying with, "I promise."

I went to work later and my boss, Ryan, told me to take it easy since I had been sick and he didn't want me to get any worse. It was fine by me since there were barely any customers here, so it was a little slow tonight. But, I was also excited because Remington would be meeting me after work to take me out to have an evening stroll in the park. I thought it was so romantic to be with the one I love in a nature setting and with a full moon above us. He sure knew how to sweep me off my feet after all this time, and I'm still surprised I was the one he chose to call his own. Most girls when I was younger dreamed of finding Prince Charming with perfect hair and statue-like features, but I just wanted someone who was perfect in the way he treated me. That seems to be a rare trait nowadays and it makes me a little sad.

Before I clocked out for the night, there was one more customer and I could already see Remington waiting for me beside my car. He caught a glimpse of me and waved at me with a smile, and I smiled back on response and waved as well. "Carina?", I recognized the voice that just apologized to me earlier today and turned to see Owen standing across from me on the register. "Oh, hi Owen", I greeted politely, "Yes, I work here, but its not so bad." "No, I'm not judging you, just surprised to see you here", he stated as he placed his items for me to scan and charge. "Yeah, well, I'm glad I have some kind of support purely by my own efforts and not someone else's." I noticed he had makeup in his items, and he noticed my inquiry and answered my question before I even asked, "Oh, that's for my sister, she just asked me to buy it for her." I nodded and pit it with the rest of his things in a paper bag,

"I didn't know you had a sister", I commented, focusing only on the register now. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me", he said to me. "Oh, yeah?", I asked still not looking at him, "What else don't I know?" When I didn't hear anything answer immediately, I looked up to see he wasn't on the other side anymore, and then felt hands grab my face and gasped in shock as he pushed his lips onto mine. He pushed me against the small space I was trapped in and I used my strength to push him far away from me. He stumbled back and I stared at him in appall and intense shock. "I never take no for answer", was his response to my disgusted look, and then he started walking toward me again but he didn't get too far when I saw a hand grip the back of his coat and drag him away from me and the store.

I followed quickly and stared in cautious anticipation as Remington dragged Owen outside of the store and far enough to the wall beside it and press Owen against it with his arm on his neck. "Okay, retard," he growled in low and rage-induced tone, "I believe my girlfriend made it clear that she's with me and therefore, not interested in you." I stood close behind Rem, but not too close to trying to keep myself from getting hurt if it got ugly. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't take a rejection like a man, or you have to be a pussy and force girls to like you?" Owen tried to fight his way out of Rem's grasp, but Rem was much stronger especially with anger fueling his actions at this point. Owen looked at me and I turned away to avoid eye contact after what he just did.

"You don't understand", he started speaking, "I've never had a girl say no to me and I thought she was just confused. I just wanted to show I wasn't playing around." That honestly pissed me off and then it was my turn to yell at him furiously, "Are you saying you think I'm stupid? That I was thinking of cheating on Rem with a worthless ass like you? Go fuck yourself!" Rem glanced at me and gave me a smirk at my feisty attitude, and I briefly smiled in response. "No, I didn't mean that, I-" He was cut off by Rem pushing his arm more into Owen's throat and he was unable to talk. "Give me one goddamn good reason I shouldn't beat your ass to shreds for moving on my girlfriend", he threatened with the intent to hurt in his eyes. Owen stayed silent for a while and then I decided enough was enough. I put my hand on Remington's shoulder and said, "Rem, that's enough. He's not worth it." Remington didn't move his eyes on Owen and then after a minute he let him go, and Owen ran away like a coward.

Remington didn't move for a while, which scared me a little then he walked up to the wall where Owen was and punched it hard. "REM!", I cried in concern and took his hand to see it was already bruised. I kissed it and his tense state started to soften to a more relaxed state. "I'm sorry, Carina", he said with his head hung. I took his face in my hands and said to him looking into his eyes, "No, Rem. Don't ever be sorry. I warned him that it was a bad idea to try to steal me away from you, but he didn't listen and now look what happened. He'll think twice before trying to flirt with me again. I hope you can forgive that he kissed me even when I didn't give him permission." He then put his arms around me and hug me tightly. He whispered in my ear, "I saw the way you pushed him away, anyone who's smart can see you didn't want him to." He pulled away he was very close to me, almost a couple of inches from my lips.

He could feel I was admiring our close embrace and smirked while glancing at my lips and saying, "Do I have permission to kiss you?" I smiled shyly and replied while slowly leaning closer to him, "Yes, you do." He grinned before leaning into my lips and kissing me so passionately and I wrapped my hands on the back of his neck. Then he slowly walked forward which caused me to walk back and lean on the wall behind me. His lips were so warm and hands held me so securely, I didn't want this moment to end. "I love you, Carina", he mumbled as we kept kissing, and I smiled and responded with, "I love you too, Remington." I realized in that moment as he kept kissing me over and over, I didn't want any other boy to kiss me ever except for him. I know he was my first kiss, but I couldn't imagine anyone else who would kiss me as sweetly and lovingly like he did.

When he pulled away, he gazed deeply into my eyes and could see the love I was feeling for him as I stared back beaming with a slight hint of pink on my cheeks. He smiled so brightly and then kissed my cheek and forehead before we walked out of there and then headed toward my car. I drove us to the park and it was so serene under the moonlight and we walked hand-in-hand. We talked about what happened and personal things that we never shared with anyone else. We climbed up a tall tree and sat next to each other as I rested my head on his shoulder and he held my hand securely and kissed my head as we stared at the city with its bright and beautiful lights illuminating itself and looking like a dream come true.

OH WOW!!! Wasn't that dramatic at first and then it turned so sweet? I like how this is going. I hate people that believe "no" means "yes", because they will learn in the hardest way possible. Thanks to those of you who are patient and are coping with my slightly slower updates. Just making sure I don't burn out and possibly ruin this story. I love you all so much! 💗💗💗