30

Natasha's POV

"Carol and Pietro, you have to back away now," Pepper said upon viewing the huge seafood buffet. 

"We're on an island, it's not like they're going to run out," Pietro grabbed a plate, beginning to load it up.

"Don't underestimate Danvers," Tony said truthfully, grabbing a plate for himself.

I snickered softly and moved to the other side of the buffet, grabbing some food for myself. Once I was satisfied with the amount, I sat down next to Carol on my right, and Steve on my left.

"Hey, did you tell him yet?" I muttered in Carol's ear, as she reached for bread.

"No, but maybe tonight," She said, using a knife to spread the butter on. "I just don't want to ruin everyone's vacation if it doesn't go well," She bit her lip, glancing at me quickly before returning her eyes to her plate.

"Oh, my god," I smirked. "You're nervous."

"Am not!" She whispered back furiously. I laughed and nudged her playfully, letting her eat in peace. "Tony, I don't know who made this, but they're my new best friend."

"Yeah, the staff here is pretty great. There's a restaurant on the mainland right on the coast, so they take a boat here to make us food. It's good to be rich," Tony smirked as threw another slice of bread at her.

Carol caught it neatly and put it on her plate. "You know, for someone who was just complaining about me eating too much, you seem to be okay feeding me," Carol said, reaching for more food. 

"So, how about... beach campfire later? If we go farther inland, there's a larger cabana we could all hang out at until Wanda gets tired and falls asleep," Tony said. 

Wanda did her best to glare angrily at Tony, who simply smirked until she huffed angrily and went back to her normally happy face. 

"Hey, after the campfire, you wanna come to my cabana?" Steve leaned over, murmuring into my ear. 

"Mmm, yeah, but isn't Bucky going to want some private time?"

"I thought he was going to Wanda's cabana," Steve said. 

"What about Pepper?"

"She said she was going to hang out with Maria." 

"Well then, I will see you then," I said, glancing over at Pietro. 

"What's up with him?" Steve asked, looking at Pietro, who kept smiling nervously at his plate whenever Carol spoke, as she bantered with Sam. 

"He's lovestruck," Wanda joined in on the conversation, smirking at Carol, who laughed at one of Pietro's jokes.  "Carol's the only one who understands his jokes," She shook her head disdainfully. "Understanding his jokes is like understanding quantum physics to me." 

"Quantum physics is pretty simple," Tony joined in, still eating. "Accurate nonetheless for the typical civilian, though. Look at those two. Oblivious as ever."

"Hey, guys, you know we can hear you, right?" Pepper whispered, leaning across the table. "Tony's incapable of whispering. Probably because he always wants everyone to hear his voice at all time," She poked at him. 

"Well, I told Carol to go visit Pietro in his cabana later tonight, but I doubt she's going to listen," I said. "We need to find a way to make sure she goes."

"Carol doesn't sleep until at least 11:30, so she's going to be bored if she doesn't have anyone to hang out with," Maria shrugged, having heard the conversation. "Also, is anyone really confused about how they haven't noticed we're all having a whispered conversation right in front of them?"