The call

Warning, semi-strong language

Shane had never been the type to get scared of nightmares but that one left him with a strange feeling. He shaked it off and got out of bed to make coffee, not even paying attention to the alarm clock beside his bed. As he made his way to the coffee machine he noticed it was noticeably dark outside.

"Must have gotten up early cause of that nightmare huh?" Shane said as he scratched his head whilst turning the machine on

You see, Shane lived in a small area in Saint Jean-Baptist, a little town about an hour away from Montreal, where no one would go, thus there weren't too many cars passing by so it was great for focusing. Did I mention it was the middle of summer? Well, anyways, it didn't stay dark very long in the morning so... let's go back to Shane. Shane took his cup of coffee and was ready to make toast when he noticed the clock on the microwave. It was at 2:37, meaning he had only slept 1:34 hours considering he went to sleep at 1:03. Absolutely baffled, he looked at the clock in visible confusion. The fairly young author, for once, felt like he'd gotten at least 4 hours of sleep, which is twice what he would usually get.

"Whatever" He said as he grumbled off to his room.

Shane wasn't going to work until 6 AM, so it was disappointing to see he wouldn't be taking a nap any time soon. He was losing himself in his new story plot ideas and names when all of a sudden, his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Is this Shane." The voice of an old man answered with a cheerful tone.

"Uh, yeah? Excuse me sir, but.... who are you?"

"That doesn't matter, young writer, all I need you to do is go to the nearest forest and wait"

Shane felt a chill run down his spine as the old man said that.

"I don't even know you, why the heck would you think I'd do that!"

"I have no idea" the man said sweetly

Shane didn't know why either, but he wanted to go.

"Why won't you tell me your name! Why do you want me to go to a stupid forest!"

"Now now, no need to get upset. My name is Sorgan and I am a simple old man looking to help"

"How are you looking to help by making me go to a flipping forest!"

"There, it is easier to talk"

"Talk about what." Shane said with audible curiosity.

"That girl" the man said.

"What girl?"

"Don't act dumb, that girl in your nightmare. Beautiful blue, pink and purple eyes and hair, soft blue sundress- must I go on."

"I-I"

Shane was speechless, that was the exact description of the woman in his terrifying nightmare before she- and everything- warped! He didn't know what to say, should he trust him? The simple author was lost in confusion when suddenly the voice of the old man broke his trance.

"I know you want to know more, call me if you want answers"

"Wait what's your-"

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP

And with that, the mysterious old man ended the call.

Word count: 537 words