Chapter 42 - Legion

Start from the beginning

"Yes! New York, Jisoo"

"Are you-"

"One million copies for Houghton Mifflin" I cut her off immediately when I noticed she was about to argue. "This book will be my first market invasion"

She was looking at me without a word now while her eyes were back getting smaller, almost looking like they were shrinking to form another frown as her lips parted.

"Rosé," She sighed. "I'm not discouraging you or anything. I do believe in your writing" Jisoo took my hand in hers softly. "But you know how Mr. Wilson is"

"Yes, I know. But at least you can try. There's nothing to lose right?"

She shook her head, taking her attention back to the groceries. "I'll see what I can do, no promises though"

I jumped a little, grabbing her by the face and pushing myself until my lips met her cheek.

"Thank you, Jisoo!"

"Anyway, what about our plan?" She changed the topic straight away as she was getting annoyed with me, wiping the spot on her skin that I just kissed. "Has Lisa responded yet?"

"Ohh yes, about that" I took a sip of the cold water before continuing. "She said yes. I will buy the flight ticket by today"

I was so excited about my plan with Jisoo. She planned to go back to Seoul this weekend on holiday since she hadn't visited her parents for so long already. She offered if I would love to come with her, I could probably meet Lisa.

I knew that Melissa was still taking a break, and she didn't want to meet me yet since the last time I saw her was at the hospital. We were just keeping in touch through phone calls and messages now, never face to face.

But I told my wife about Jisoo's plan anyway, asking if I could meet her while I was in Seoul. She was hesitated at first, I could tell by her long pause and series of questions she asked only to buy her more time to decide. Well, I could just go there and surprise her with my visit. However, I didn't want to do surprises anymore.

I asked her frankly if she would be comfortable to meet me without insisting her to agree with me at all. I was actually worried if that could do more damage than I already did to her. But surprisingly, Melissa said yes. She said she would love to meet me since it would be our first anniversary too on the next day. I guessed she put that into consideration instead of just thinking about herself. She did think about me as well, considering we hadn't met for 3 months now. Only God knew how much I had been missing her.

It wasn't pretty at all.

Despite of the nervousness I had to bear by the idea of meeting Lisa, my hope for her and our marriage were much bigger. I knelt on the floor every single night just to pray to God so He would show me the truth.

I believed only His truth could tell and guide me to the right way, and whether or not what Melissa and I were working on would help us.

▪️▪️▪️

I glared through the window, being unsure of what I was actually looking at since we were moving fast. There were things that caught my attention but not more than 2 seconds. That was because my thoughts were not there, not in this city, not on this road.

"It's good to have you back, Ma'am"

A rough, manly voice snapped my mind in this familiar, luxurious car that I could finally see with my own eyes.

"Thank you, Yuan" I replied with a smile, taking my gaze to the front seat. "Did you miss me?"

That man was definitely hesitated to answer my question. Being one of Melissa's bodyguards compelled him to do and answer everything that was asked, but he was fighting between the order and the type of order to obey.