Chapter 2~The Fox

It was about 7:30 in the morning when you woke up, your eyes fluttered open as light shined through your window you woke up to a view of fields and trees. You were fully awake but you just lay there in the warms of your....blanket? Yes. You were covered by a blanket but you don't remember pulling one over you or laying one down, you then realised you're whip was missing and your holster with your daggers a layer of fear swept over you, sitting up you checked round you for your things added to this list was your boots which you could of sworn you slept in. You looked to the corner of the room and saw all your things your boots on the floor and your holster hanging up with your daggers in you also saw your bag it was a black fabric bag which was currently holding your hair brush, whip, book of spells and potion as well as some ingredients and food, you were to say the least relived.

Swinging your legs over the 'bed' you got up and wiped away your sleep drool walked over to your bag and started to brush your hair while walking back to your bed where you could sit. As you rid your hair of its nots you looked at Ban.

The Fox Sin Of Greed.

Despite this being his title he was willing to shear a room with you, give you a pillow and blanket and didn't take any of your shit. You were'n sure if this was because you were his captains daughter or because just because he was nice, either way with a name like Fox Sin of Greed you expected something else something I don't know meaner something more selfish and cold however Ban was the opposite of that you didn't know him well yet but you knew like a sixth sense you just knew that he was.

You thew your head forward and put your hair in a high ponytail then flipped your hair back. Sighing you put your gear on holster, bag, shoes; you heard a noise from the bed Ban slept in looking over you saw the sin sit up.
"Morning." The Fox Sin yawned as he sat up stretching.
"Morning." You smile you were unexpectedly upbeat you started to make your way downstairs and outside you wave hello at Diane and King and thank them for letting you take Ban's room you then decided to go into the forest and hunt for some rabbit, unaware that Ban followed you into the woods.

He followed close behind you, close but not too close. You heard something a rustle of leaves and with one instant you threw your knife and it met it mark a......fox? It had gone through it's throat and stuck it to a tree. Walking over you pulled the knife out and collected the dead animal as you turned around you came face to face well face to chest because of your hight to Ban.
"What's this?" He said looking down at you and the fox.
"A fox."
"I can see that but, why'd you kill it?"
"I thought it was a rabbit."
"How?"
"I saw a bush move so I threw a knife. Look  sorry if you take offence."
"Why would I take offence?"
"Because you're the Fox Sin." You giggles a bit, at times you could be childish like really childish Ban rolled his eyes.
"Seriously you think just because the animal associated with my sin is a fox I'll get offended that you killed one."
"I don't know people can be touchy either way I'm gonna skin this and sell it's pelt." You get some rope and tie the animal to your holster by the tail.
"You think I can cook it?" You ask out of curiosity.
"I suppose but apparently it's really hard to cook. I don't know exactly I've never cooked
"It's just an animal it can't be that hard, I could tenderises the meat so it is really soft and fry it with some herbs like rosemary. Yeah I'll do that." You look up at Ban and walk past him you didn't know why but there was a distaste that appeared in his eyes when you mentioned eating fox. He continued to follow you as you caught a couple squirrel you continued to talk as you walked trough the woods mostly about cooking but some stuff about both your lives came up: one time you could have sworn you could of caught him staring at your ass.

Eventually you reached a lake which you sat by enjoying the sun, it was early but not too early so it was nice. Your stomach emitted a low growl as you talk.
"You hungry?"
"Yeah kinda. What about you?" You reply smiling his stomach growls as well.
"Guess that answers your question." Ban laughed a bit as you set a fire using magic (YOUR A WIZARD Y/N..........I'm a potter head) you then untied the squirrels from the fox and skinned and gutted it with your knife then you found a sharp stick and squired them setting them up over the fire you started to roast them using magic you made it so they were constantly turning so they cooked evenly. Ban looked confused.
"Y/n what are you doing?"
"Cooking."
"Why ? You can cook at the tavern."
"Yeah but I like to cook squirrel like this and I'm hungry here and now and you are to so I'm cooking for both of us."
"Thanks, how do you know how do cook like this? No offense but you don't seem like the type to have lived in the woods just by looking at your clothes."
"Didn't anyone tell you not to judge a book by its cover or a person by how they look."
"Now who's the one getting offended?"
"Ok, ok. I'll tell you how I know, when I found out Meliodas was my father I left just about everything behind me to find him. Home, my job, my brother, my boyfriend, everything I left with what I needed and spent like four years searching for him. In that time you don't exactly always have a house or a bed that's indoors, because of the Boar Hat moving so damn much I got left in forests for a while so naturally I found food and then because I didn't want food poisoning I learnt how to cook it. That satisfy you for an answer." Ban laughed a bit.
"Yeah, I didn't need your life story though." There was a moment of silence.
"Out of curiosity what was your job and who was your boyfriend?" This question took you of guard though you expected it, after all you can't just say something like that and expect no further questions. What you think the world has boundaries.
"Ban I'll tell you if you answer three questions about yourself that I ask."
"Hang on I only asked two."
"No you asked those two and why I can cook like this. that's  three."
"I guess your right fair's fair, so lady's first answer." This wasn't funny to you but you laughed a bit on the inside sarcastically you say.
"Oh what a gentleman." Ban nods his head.
"Just answer."
"Ok fine. My job that I quit was a holy knight I left before all the drama so unaffected though half demon so matter it does not, while I was searching I was a bar maid and waitress at some bars it helped with gathering info. My boyfriend was Howzer, we met when we were training as kids and started going out when we were what fifteen when out for three years moved in exactly half a year after my sixteenth birthday so one and a half years after we got together, we had used some of my inheritance from when dad died and obviously some of the money he earned to get a small place we stayed there till I wanted to know who my biological father was then you know the rest. You might have met Howzer once." Ban was staring at you as you trailed of on how your ex followed you till he had to go back to Liones to actually be a holy knight.
"So anyway now I get to ask you three questions."
"Ok ask away." You thought about what you were going to ask.
"What's taking you so long to ask?" Ban complained impatiently as he was wanting to get it over with, even though he kinda liked talking with you.
"Ok I get to ask the Fox Sin any questions I want I've got to think Lon and- Done I have the questions."
"So ask."
"Why did you put a blanket over me and were you staring at my ass earlier?" You ask the first one with genuine curiosity and the second wanting to just know, but you're gonna save the last question till later, this was probably for the plot though, Ban however didn't seem to notice this and had an extremely pale pink decided to form across his cheeks.
"I put the blanket on you because you looked cold even though it June and I may have looked at your ass earlier." Surprisingly Ban answered with no resistance.
"Well for the Sin of Greed you're quite generous, letting me share a room, letting me take one of your pillows, you even gave a blanket. All this and you don't want anything in return or you haven't asked for it yet. What are you playing at? You don't have to answer that,even though I haven't asked the third question I ain't wasting it like that." You then reach over and hand Ban one of the squirrels and then started eating your own, what you were hungry.

Ban looked like he was witnessing something completely strange, what he was thinking was 'how the bloody hell are you so fucking skinny.' Sorry that is what your author Pancake~Chan is thinking what Ban was thinking was 'how the hell can somebody that looks so delicate and pretty pig out like that." Though you didn't know he was thinking this you maybe and extraordinarily powerful mage and be the daughter of the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins but telepathic you were not.

After food you headed back to the tavern it was round 9;00am so everyone was up. You put what you had caught on a table and sat down, Meliodas then came down with the princess who looked extremely flustered he then said that they'd be going to Vanya to stock the bar with alcohol then they'd go back to Liones for a bit; when you heard this you smiled even more then you had already you hadn't been to Liones since you left and you really wanted to see everyone that you'd left behind, but most of all you wanted to see your brother and Howzer. You knew it was weird that you wanted to see your ex but you missed him so much when you first left over the years you'd gotten used to his absence however that didn't change how you felt about him you still liked him though you'd also taken an interest in Ban. Oh well you thought you couldn't help that you liked them.

So heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy I'm not gonna do this a lot 'cause mood killed but please please please vote I need validation and yes I know it's a shit book but I'm 12 and I'm going into my third year of high school so what did you expect fucking How to Kill a Mockingbird sds edition, also whoever got the references I made in brackets I'll mention you in the next chapter, um so that's it bye.

~Pancake